Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Kindle for Android and Cloud Collections

Does anyone use k4a, is yours slow and sluggish and practically impossible to use? I have tried on two different devices and both are very, very slow. I usually just give up and close the app. I've tried on my Samsung S3 and Galaxy Tab. Now I admit my Tab is a few years old, so I could understand that being really slow, but my S3 is semi-recent.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
If "k4a" is the Kindle for Adroid app, then Yes. I do use it. I don't find it at all sluggish (this is on a Nexus 7). But I don't particularly like the navigation. The Back button doesn't always work properly, and it's easy to lose your place.

Have you tried any other reading apps on your S3? How does the Kindle app compare with them, sluggishness-wise?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No I've not tried any other reading apps. I do not use this app that often but I've noticed in the last month or so it is difficult to use if I try to select the Collections feature. I do not know if this is due to the app trying to index all my collections and books, or if this is a by product of a recent update. But in all the times I have tried to use it, I have not been able to actually select a book from a collection and start reading. The only usefullness I find is if I do a search for the particular book I want to read. Keep in mind there are no books on the device.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
I have the App on two devices. On my Xelio tablet it's really slow to load up, but once I have a book open I don't have too many problems. On my HTC it varies, sometimes I get a no response message and close it then it starts normally.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have it on my Nexus 7 and also on my Note 2. I do not find it slow now. Why? I only have the books on the device that I need at the time. I have found that the more ebooks that are on the device the slower the app is. I also use moon + reader pro, and google play book. And they all seem to work at about the same speed.

Last edited by cvkemp; 01-29-2014 at 01:13 PM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't know if this might be causing the problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229248
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I don't know if this might be causing the problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229248

I will try clearing my cache and see if that helps.

EDIT: I just checked my phone and the data is at 819mb, I will clear it and see if this helps.

There are no books one device and the other only has one book on it. I am trying to browse within the collections to find what I am looking for, but that is so unresponsive that I just use the search to find what I am looking for. Which is a PITA cause I would like to be able to browse through my many collections.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 01-29-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: additional data
Old 01-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I cleared the data, it made the app a little bit faster but it is still sluggish, but I think it is still updating the collections. Unfortunately the power save mode keeps kicking it so it stops. Since I have over 3800 books to index into collections guess it is going to take a long while for this to finish.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Ok I give up on the Cloud Collections on the android, I will just stick to searches.