Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
Multiple dictionaries?

(I'm not sure if it's the right place to post, but after all I'm concerned with the Gen3)

Hello,
I found this open source Spanish-English dictionary
http://www.archive.org/details/Stard...ictionary-mobi
and I pulled it over to my Gen3, 'eBooks' folder. The look up in English works just fine. Naive and ignorant as I am, I don't understand why this shouldn't work for a Spanish word now, unless the Gen3 cannot handle more than one dictionary. Can it? Does anyone run more than one dictionary on it?

If it's the file, would someone be able to offer a Spanish-Spanish or Spanish - English, mobi based dictionary? I'm not good enough with computers to understand how to create one myself with Stardict.

Thanks a ton,
miquele

Last edited by miquele; 05-17-2010 at 05:31 PM.
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The Cybooks can handle multiple dictionaries, when you look a word up, it shows matches from all available dictionaries. However, it only uses dictionaries with a language code matching the book language, so maybe your Spanish-English dictionary has an "english" code, or the Spanish words you look up are in a book with "english" code... A possible solution is changing the language code of the dictionary to "neutral", that will make it available for any language. This can be done with MobiPerl, and maybe with Calibre.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a lot for the hint, I was not able to change the wrong language property, but I was able to create my own dictionary, works flawlessly on my Cybook.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ux4eAqzc...h-english.html
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
miquele
Connoisseur

Thanks, with your help and the answers on another threat I managed to create an Spanish - English dictionary based on the open source StarDict wordlist.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ux4eAqzc...h-english.html

Thanks again!

Tags
dictionary, gen3, multiple dictionaries