Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #2161
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Hulu Offer
Quote:
ALL YOUR TV 99¢/MONTH*

Season's Streamings! Watch thousands of TV shows and movies with Hulu - just 99¢/month for 12 months*.

*Limited Commercials plan only. $0.99/month for 12 months, then $7.99/month. Ends 11:59 PM PST on 11/26/18. New and eligible returning subscribers only. Additional terms apply.

Offer valid for new subscribers and eligible returning subscribers (who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past 12 months) only. Not combinable with any free trial of the Limited Commercials plan or any other promotional offers or pricing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #2162
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
That Hulu deal is excellent.
Here are some other streaming deals:
devices--
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-...-black-friday/
Services--
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/play...-friday-sales/
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #2163
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
That Hulu deal is excellent.
[RANT]It would be even better if they'd tell me what the hell I'd be getting for my buck a month. They're looking to attract new subscribers; you'd think they might tell us a bit about the programming they have available. "Thousands" of shows and movies doesn't tell me much, and I shouldn't have to go searching for basic information. GRRRR![/RANT]
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #2164
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
[RANT]It would be even better if they'd tell me what the hell I'd be getting for my buck a month. They're looking to attract new subscribers; you'd think they might tell us a bit about the programming they have available. "Thousands" of shows and movies doesn't tell me much, and I shouldn't have to go searching for basic information. GRRRR![/RANT]
I've been a subscriber for several years. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
I use basic Hulu as a sort of dvr to watch current shows when I want. I also watch old SciFi shows: Star Trek series, Stargate series. There are also some old westerns on there.
See if this link takes you to their content page:
https://www.hulu.com/start/content
Old 11-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #2165
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I completely agree with Catlady.

Their website needs a search engine, and divisions of their offerings by decade and country of origin.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #2166
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
I've been a subscriber for several years. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
I use basic Hulu as a sort of dvr to watch current shows when I want. I also watch old SciFi shows: Star Trek series, Stargate series. There are also some old westerns on there.
See if this link takes you to their content page:
https://www.hulu.com/start/content
I appreciate that, I really do, and I did eventually find that page, but I had to make an effort to find it. I shouldn't have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

Their website needs a search engine, and divisions of their offerings by decade and country of origin.
Yes. Even after I found that content page, I was appalled by the inability to search, and even more by the limited number of practically useless filters.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #2167
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
I appreciate that, I really do, and I did eventually find that page, but I had to make an effort to find it. I shouldn't have to do that.

Yes. Even after I found that content page, I was appalled by the inability to search, and even more by the limited number of practically useless filters.
I know that we all have our gripes about Amazon and Audible (and don't they have a video and movie division, too? I don't know--I don't watch movies and video), but they really do have websites where you can find what you want relatively easily and which run smoothly almost all of the time, unlike the websites of also-rans, whose names that I won't mention. Oh, sure, there are times when there are glitches here and there, but in my experience Amazon and Audible set the standard.

An illustration of the reason why. Back a couple of years ago, the mainstream news was reporting about how mean Amazon treats their employees. As an example, they told about a gripe that some workers had about not being able to go home before they fixed some little piece of computer coding. I don't know if that was for one of their websites or not.

I have to think that the push for excellence comes all all of the way from the top--Jeff Bezos.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #2168
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
... but they really do have websites where you can find what you want relatively easily and which run smoothly almost all of the time, unlike the websites of also-rans, whose names that I won't mention. Oh, sure, there are times when there are glitches here and there, but in my experience Amazon and Audible set the standard.
Unless you are searching for books by an author's name. Most of the time the books actually written by the author you search for don't start until page 3 or more of the results.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:58 AM   #2169
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Unless you are searching for books by an author's name. Most of the time the books actually written by the author you search for don't start until page 3 or more of the results.
I posted, somewhere, too, the fact that the sort function doesn't work well. At least for the "low to high" price option. And it seems that that option worked just fine until a couple or so years ago.

It's not a perfect world.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-24-2018 at 02:00 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #2170
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I posted, somewhere, too, the fact that the sort function doesn't work well. At least for the "low to high" price option. And it seems that that option worked just fine until a couple or so years ago.

It's not a perfect world.
I do a search from low to high but then redo it high to low. I find an entire different set of books. Weird!
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #2171
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:

I just signed up. Once you give them your credit card number, it's not hard to navigate, and to find a few interesting things. However, nearly all that I see was produced in the past ten years, which I don't have much interest in.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #2172
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I just signed up. Once you give them your credit card number, it's not hard to navigate, and to find a few interesting things. However, nearly all that I see was produced in the past ten years, which I don't have much interest in.
I'm not going to give them my credit card number if I can't find out what they have first. I remember not even wanting to sign up up for their trial service because I couldn't see what they had. If they can't help me want to become a customer I don't want to be one.

The only thing I would want a trial for is to see The Handmaid's Tale. Has anyone seen it?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #2173
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I will probably sign up. How can you beat that price? I would prefer old TV and films, but I don't need to find more than a handful of interesting shows to justify a buck a month.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #2174
conan50
Fanatic

Quote:
I will probably sign up. How can you beat that price? I would prefer old TV and films, but I don't need to find more than a handful of interesting shows to justify a buck a month.
My wife likes "The Golden Girls", "Seinfeld", "Wings", "Cheers". I like all the Star Trek, and Star Gate series. X-files, The Orville, Timeless, The Librarians, Battlestar Galactica, The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone. And we both like some of the newer series like Last Man Standing, Superstore, and Blindspot.

Lots of TV shows and some decent movies for a buck a month. Though there are a few commercials, but nothing like you get on Cable TV.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:23 PM   #2175
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
CBS All Access -- Black Friday Sale -- exp 26 Nov

This is normally a 7-day trial, but for Black Friday, it's a month.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere