Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-30-2015, 04:53 AM   #1
GEB
GEB began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 5, 6 and 9
CC and USB/OTG support

Hello,

I have been using Calibre on my PC Windows for several years now and I'm very happy with it !!! Calibre PC serves as a reference library for all Google Nexus Android devices I own (N5,N6,N9) via OPDS or simple file transfer if needed.
My Calibre PC library is currently about 3 Gb and I save it regularly on an USB/µUSB OTG stick.

While "On The Go" would it be possible to have access to my USB/OTG Calibre library connected to my Nexus Android device, DIRECTLY from Calibre Companion ? I just need read access.
GEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:29 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEB View Post
Hello,

I have been using Calibre on my PC Windows for several years now and I'm very happy with it !!! Calibre PC serves as a reference library for all Google Nexus Android devices I own (N5,N6,N9) via OPDS or simple file transfer if needed.
My Calibre PC library is currently about 3 Gb and I save it regularly on an USB/µUSB OTG stick.

While "On The Go" would it be possible to have access to my USB/OTG Calibre library connected to my Nexus Android device, DIRECTLY from Calibre Companion ? I just need read access.
Sorry, but no. CC is not able to read/process a calibre database/library. There are also problems with how USB sticks are connected to Android devices, often requiring special programs to read information off the stick.

What many CC users do is send their entire library to each device using the wireless device connection. This type of connection is able to update metadata on the device on future connects and sync some information (read and read date) back to calibre. We have users with more than 10,000 books in CC, and at least one with more than 15,000.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
GEB
GEB began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 5, 6 and 9
I understand, ... thanks for your response.
GEB is offline   Reply With Quote