Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
PeculiarPooch
PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
This is why I'll always be an Amazon customer. :)

I've heard that Amazon's Kindle customer service is usually pretty awesome, but this has been my first contact with them, and they really did go above and beyond all of my expectations!

I dropped my Kindle on the train, and even though it doesn't show any outward signs of damage, it's now freezing very, very occasionally, and refreshing the page / clearing my text when I enter notes. A little frustrating, but not a huge deal, so I jump onto the chat with support staff to see if there's anything I can do to fix it up.

The lovely gentleman I spoke with immediately issued me with a free replacement Kindle! I knew that they're very kind about issuing replacements, but I had expected that without any outward signs of damage, and with a Kindle that is still usable for all intents and purposes, I'd just be given some "care for a stroppy kindle" advice.

This just wowed me. I guess now I get to wait for my new kindle in the post! It'll feel like getting a brand new toy, and I didn't even expect it!

This is why I love Amazon. This is why I recommend the Kindle to everybody, even people who love ePubs and hate stripping DRM from other stores. Amazon is worth it.
PeculiarPooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I agree. As much as I love my Sony T1, I wish it was an Amazon device! I hope Amazon will make a touch reader with the things I love about the Sony. I will buy one immediately!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Their service has been fantastic. Had a couple less-than-super dealings with them recently, but otherwise they've gone out of their way to make customers happy.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Their service has been fantastic. Had a couple less-than-super dealings with them recently, but otherwise they've gone out of their way to make customers happy.
No company is 100%. I've had a few frustrating run ins myself. Overall, they give excellent customer service. Of the three Amazon entities (Amazon, Audible, Kindle) I've dealt with, I give Kindle the highest marks and Audible the worst.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
rusHack
rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rusHack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle B008
Right now I am on my third kindle. I broke 2 of my previous once. They replaced all of them for free! Now I at last brought a case for it, so it will not break it anymore.
rusHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm with you. I may have had a negative CS experience with Amazon at some point over the years, but it's memory has faded in light of a bunch of really positive ones.
For that matter, I've had some really good experiences with Audible since they've been an Amazon company as well. I don't remember any bad experience back in the old days, but I really don't remember the service from back then one way or the other.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I too have had good customer service experiences with the Kindle. And now that I have googled Apprentice Alf and know the books I bought are really mine to keep, I'm very happy with the Kindle store too.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
PeculiarPooch
PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeculiarPooch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Wow - another plus for Amazon! The night that I created this topic was the night that I set up the replacement Kindle. It came via DHL courier to my house not even an hour ago - and I'm all the way in Australia!
PeculiarPooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amazon does have amazing service. Even the vendors through Amazon that I've purchased through have been very helpful. Try to get protector or some protection for your kindle! Amazon has a variety.
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote