Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #2956
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, imagine how KA1 works.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:34 AM   #2957
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Yup, the touch on KA1 is soo flawed...
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #2958
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Koreader is superior ebook reading software (not OS), but, KA1 has hardware problems with touch, so I guess that no software can solve these problems, otherwise Kobo would sort this out already.
Nickel/KOReader/coolreader can't, but a different kernel driver might be able to do some good there.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #2959
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Strange is, if it is driver related, why Kobo didn't solved this issue? I'm pretty sure they know about it, it is that obvious.

On the other hand, Kobo isn't that much into own software, so it is possible it can be (relatively) easy to solve.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #2960
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In my experience, Kobo has only extremely rarely shipped kernel updates with a FW update (compare that to a Kindle, where basically every update potentially contains a crapload of kernel changes).

I'm as puzzled as you as to the reason why.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #2961
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does make things nice and stable. I'm much more confused about half of the drivers implementing some weird custom protocol instead of the standard Linux stuff. It seems like it'd be less work to solve in the kernel driver (since you have to write it anyway) than to keep adding workarounds in userspace.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:49 AM   #2962
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
I'm trying to do an OTA update on my Clara HD, but it keeps failing.

I use the ota.koreader.rocks/ development server/channel

As such, I tried to update, and when it failed, the ota/ directory contained the following(I used wget to add the targz):
Code:
[root@(none) ota]# ls -lah
total 492532
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        4.0K Sep 29 10:42 .
drwxr-xr-x   24 root     root        4.0K Sep 29 10:31 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       31.9M Sep 29 10:41 koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1857-ga6df153_2018-09-24.targz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      376.3K Sep 29 10:42 koreader-kobo-latest-nightly.zsync
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      448.7M Sep 29 10:43 koreader.installed.tar
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       37.1K Jul 17 06:12 package.index
I then tried executing the below:

Code:
[root@(none) koreader]# ./zsync -i ota/koreader.installed.tar -o ota/koreader.updated.tar -u ota/ ota/koreader-kobo-latest-nightly.zsync
#################### 100.0% 3707.7 kBps DONE     

Done reading ota/koreader.installed.tar. 78.2% of target obtained.      
failed to retrieve from ota/koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1857-ga6df153_2018-09-24.targz
Not all of the required data could be downloaded, and the remaining data could not be retrieved from any of the download URLs. Incomplete transfer left in ota/koreader.updated.tar.part.
(If this is the download filename with .part appended, zsync will automatically pick this up and reuse the data it has already done if you retry in this dir.)
I believe that i'm currently on build 2015.11-1782-g4646721_2018-07-16 (this is what koreader reports)

EDIT: I should really check github more often. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4242

Last edited by CH23; 09-29-2018 at 06:53 AM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #2963
Frenzie
Wizard

Right, I should tag a new release on GH with that fix included.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #2964
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm reading a lot of mangas which are just imagefiles in a zip file, this works perfectly fine with KOReader, but I do have a request/question:

In settings i set it that page fits image, which creates white bars on the sides.

Could these be made black or grey instead?

Edit:

Another question: now that SSH is working with KOReader, will SFTP outgoing connections be possible?

Last edited by CH23; 10-04-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #2965
Frenzie
Wizard

Did you try creating a persistent.defaults.lua with settings like DBACKGROUND_COLOR and DOUTER_PAGE_COLOR? I'm not sure otoh but they might do what you're looking for.

Regarding SSH, Dropbear is only a server. Outgoing would require completely separate libraries/glue.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #2966
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Did you try creating a persistent.defaults.lua with settings like DBACKGROUND_COLOR and DOUTER_PAGE_COLOR? I'm not sure otoh but they might do what you're looking for.
I did try those, but I thought they were values from 0 through 255, but now i checked the remarks in defaults.lua, and now it works!

Quote:
Regarding SSH, Dropbear is only a server. Outgoing would require completely separate libraries/glue.
I wish I could program.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #2967
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
I wish I could program.
Start small.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:28 AM   #2968
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
So I have a Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2 that I just bought, and want to install koreader, is this thread still valid despite being several years old? Will the tutorial on post 1 still work for me?
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:53 AM   #2969
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lori87 View Post
So I have a Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2 that I just bought, and want to install koreader, is this thread still valid despite being several years old? Will the tutorial on post 1 still work for me?

Yup, just use KFmon + Koreader on your device and follow the installations steps on the Kute File Monitor thread
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #2970
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@lori87: Basically, this .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote