Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Converting Books to Kobo

Hi,

Looking at converting books in Calibre to epub for use with my new Kobo Reader (Clara HD) and was wondering if selecting the Output profile has much of an impact and what is the best profile to select?

I was initially looking at using the Kobo Reader Profile but the resolution looks a bit low, anyone else that has a Kobo what do you usually use for the Output Profile?

Thanks,

Gavin,

Last edited by gavinjb; 06-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The only thing the output profile normally affects is the maximum resolution of images during the conversion process.

For most modern e-readers devices selecting the ‘tablet’ profile seems to be optimum as with that set images are left unchanged during any conversion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinjb View Post
Hi,

Looking at converting books in Calibre to epub for use with my new Kobo Reader (Clara HD) and was wondering if selecting the Output profile has much of an impact and what is the best profile to select?

I was initially looking at using the Kobo Reader Profile but the resolution looks a bit low, anyone else that has a Kobo what do you usually use for the Output Profile?

Thanks,

Gavin,
Congratulations on your new Kobo! I'm excited to receive my Clara HD too and am also ready-ing up my library

The best and nicest way to send your epubs to your Kobo is by using the settings in the Kobo plugins(s): Kobo Touch Extended Driver and/or Kobo Utilities.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 06-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
@itimpi thanks for the info I have now converted all my books using the tablet profile (mind you I had an issue with a couple of books where I had to increase Split file size to get them to convert to epub)

@Mrs_Often thanks me too and as the libraries in my county use Overdrive it should be a lot easier than what I had to do with a Kindle. Thanks for the tip about the Kobo plugins I already have those downloaded and configured so just waiting for the device now.
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo