Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
Laddie79
Laddie79 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Touch 2 useless?!

hi all I'm new here. I'll try make a long story short.

My first touch 2 had a fault and after a long process Kobo finally replaced it.

My replacement was delivered and I finally got round to turning it on whilst on holiday. I charged for 4 hours , constant red light was on but device would not start. After a lot of restart and reset attempts it finally worked. I set up and synced my library but now the device would neither standby or turn off. Ultimately the battery drained in under 2 hours , so I plugged it in, screen went black and now even after further charging and reset attempts, it's completely dead and unusable. I'm hoping this may change and have flagged and got a ticket number with Kobo but my experience with their Cs is far from good. I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice?

Thanks all!

Jacob
Laddie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, I think you have another faulty device. I can only think of two things.

The first is a manual factory reset. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "reset attempts". If not, try the method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2.

The only other thing is to open the device and replace the internal micro SD. It's the only replaceable part in the device and problem like described might be a failing card. Of course, opening it will break the warranty, but it might be preferable to sending it back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, touch