Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #1276
ptomic
ptomic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PW 1, Kindle PW 3, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't think of a way that could happen unless the dialog is appearing off the screen. Is calibre still responsive when this happens? Or do you have to do something to get it working again?
Window that I expect to show isn't showing and Calibre is unresponsive, until I press escape. It looks like window is hidden.

Quote:
That look like the expected behaviour. You are trying to link the book in the library to a book Goodreads. This is done one book at a time. Select the book in the list and press "OK" to link it, or press "Skip" to not link it if the wrong book was found. That is unchanged.
Usually I add to up to 20-50 books to my GR profile (50 was limit)
I link book by book from list.
ptomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #1277
Wolgan
Enthusiast
Wolgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unhappy

Quote:
I can't think of a way that could happen unless the dialog is appearing off the screen. Is calibre still responsive when this happens? Or do you have to do something to get it working again?
This is exactly what I was thinking, as I've had this happen a lot. I have dual monitors, but I switch between personal PC and work laptop a lot, so if any windows have been on the 2nd monitor, they're invisible when I'm only using one monitor.

Additionally, other than the main window, none of the calibre dialogs or windows seem to respond to the Windows + Arrow key combinations I use in other programs to move things back to the primary screen when I run into the same issue. There's also no way to reset the calibre window locations without digging into config files.

I basically just run everything in Calibre on my primary monitor now, just to prevent the annoyance when I'm using one monitor.
Wolgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2019, 12:13 PM   #1278
Wolgan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomic View Post
Window that I expect to show isn't showing and Calibre is unresponsive, until I press escape. It looks like window is hidden.
This the exact behavior I see when switching from multiple monitors down to one monitor, if whatever dialog I'm trying to access was last used on the 2nd monitor. Incredibly annoying.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #1279
ptomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolgan View Post
This the exact behavior I see when switching from multiple monitors down to one monitor, if whatever dialog I'm trying to access was last used on the 2nd monitor. Incredibly annoying.
I use one monitor only, and I used this plugin, almost, couple years and this is first time that I have this...
Old 12-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #1280
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
That says that something has put the dialog off the screen or behind something else. It is most likely off the screen. https://www.technipages.com/bring-of...ck-onto-screen has a list of ways to bring the dialog back.
Quote:
Usually I add to up to 20-50 books to my GR profile (50 was limit)
I link book by book from list.
I'm not sure what you mean. The dialog you showed will only do one book at a time. If you select more, then you can step through them. Each one it shows is the result of the plugin searching for GR based on the current book. This can show multiple results, but, you can only select one book.

Are you thinking of "Sync from shelf"? This will list all the books in a selected shelf on GR and show how they match to the book in calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #1281
YAZombie
YAZombie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Lightbulb Sync with wrong format, makes duplicate, no way of changing

Hi,
I've just started to use the plugin, and I've noticed something that ressembles a bug, but it might be a feature?
In any case, I've just put all my books into Goodreads thanks to the "add to shelf" function, and I notice that for some books the plugin detects an edition and/or a format, and doesn't allow to choose another even when there are plenty to choose from in Goodreads.
The result: books like Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, or Ringworld by Larry Niven, get "stuck" on their hardcover versions when what I have is an e-book version. And since I'd already entered those in the past manually in Goodreads with the proper edition and format, the plugin automatically creates a duplicate in my shelves with the same information but for the hardcover edition. Kind of a bummer.
I hope this hasn't been addressed in other comments. I've tried to look but it's quite complicated to explain, hence to search.
In any case thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2019-12-02 à 15.51.42.png
Views:	153
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	175284  
YAZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #1282
Wolgan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZombie View Post
I hope this hasn't been addressed in other comments. I've tried to look but it's quite complicated to explain, hence to search.
In any case thanks in advance for any help.
Under the plugin menu, select Linked Book, and then Switch Goodreads Edition.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #1283
ptomic

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. The dialog you showed will only do one book at a time. If you select more, then you can step through them. Each one it shows is the result of the plugin searching for GR based on the current book. This can show multiple results, but, you can only select one book.
Problem is with Add to shelf... window. It doesn't show at all. It doesn't matter how many book is selected.
Calibre is unresponsive until I cancel that invisible window by hitting ESC.

I don't have any of previous screenshots that will show what I mean when I said that I add multiple books to the shelf.

P.S. I tried uninstall/install of GR Sync plugin, but it doesn't help.

Last edited by ptomic; 12-02-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #1284
Wolgan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Problem is with Add to shelf... window. It doesn't show at all. It doesn't matter how many book is selected.

I don't have any of previous screenshots that will show what I mean when I said that I add multiple books to the shelf.

This can mess things up a bit if you aren't careful.
  • Exit Calibre
  • Open the gui.json file in a text editor (notepad, notepad++, editpad). Mine is located at C:\Users\Wolgan\AppData\Roaming\calibre\gui.json.
  • Search for "goodreads sync plugin:add remove dialog".
  • directly under that result, you will see a long string of letters. You can either delete it, or replace it with "AdnQywADAAAAAAB2AAAAQQAAA6sAAAGnAAAAdwAAAGAAAAOqA AABpgAAAAAAAAAAB4AAAAB3AAAAYAAAA6oAAAGm", which is what mine is set to, which should drop the window back on your primary screen.
  • Start Calibre, and test.

I've had to do this in the past, and it's a pain, but it should get you back to normal.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:05 PM   #1285
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

As stated, the fact that calibre is locked and pressing the escape key unlocks it, means that the dialog is being opened. It just isn't being displayed where you can see it. I have no idea why it isn't visible. The most likely reason is that something change that means it is being displayed off the screen. Removing a second screen is a common reason for this. Changing the resolution can also trigger this. But, this isn't an uncommon problem. My last post included a link to suggestions on how to recover a window that has opened off the screen. @Wolgan suggestion is how to edit to calibre configuration files to remove the stored position for the dialog. But, I would remove the lines rather than trying to change them.

If doing one of these doesn't help, then we will have to look at it. But, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't help.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #1286
ptomic

Quote:
This can mess things up a bit if you aren't careful.
  • Exit Calibre
  • Open the gui.json file in a text editor (notepad, notepad++, editpad). Mine is located at C:\Users\Wolgan\AppData\Roaming\calibre\gui.json.
  • Search for "goodreads sync plugin:add remove dialog".
  • directly under that result, you will see a long string of letters. You can either delete it, or replace it with "AdnQywADAAAAAAB2AAAAQQAAA6sAAAGnAAAAdwAAAGAAAAOqA AABpgAAAAAAAAAAB4AAAAB3AAAAYAAAA6oAAAGm", which is what mine is set to, which should drop the window back on your primary screen.
  • Start Calibre, and test.

I've had to do this in the past, and it's a pain, but it should get you back to normal.
Your solution helped me.
Value that was in my .json was this one:
Code:
AdnQywADAAD///rUAAAAu////l8AAAKc///63AAAANr///5XAAAClP////8AAAAABpD///rcAAAA2v///lcAAAKU
Now it's look how it's need to be.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	175309  
Old 12-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #1287
YAZombie
YAZombie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Under the plugin menu, select Linked Book, and then Switch Goodreads Edition.
Thanks a lot Wolgan. Quite the "pro" Junior Member

YAZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #1288
Squarty
Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Oasys 9th gen
please can you guide me step by step to configure this plugin in Calibre ?
Squarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #1289
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarty View Post
Have you read the help? How to configure the plugin is in there. If you have questions about it, then ask them and we should be able to give hints.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #1290
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarty View Post
It is a bit long to do a step by step.
First you have to create custom columns. Once the creation of the customized columns is finished, we accept and Calibre will be restarted, so that these changes take effect, the columns will appear in the last positions, we must possess them, pressing the mouse over the column and move it to their places of choice .
Now we install the Goodreads sync plugin. Once the plugin is installed, Calibre restarts and the Goodreads sync icon will appear in the toolbar.
We click on the icon and touch customize complement.
in that field we put the email address with which we enter Goodreads a screen opens where we have to authorize the plugin with Goodreads, just by touching the button that says Authorize our Goodreads section opens in the browser.
And our Goodreads shelves are automatically added to the plugin.

I leave here below what they have to put on each shelf all by clicking the settings for the shelves of
To read
Actions to add to the shelf:
Actions to synchronize shelf:

Reading (currently reading)

Read (read)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg