Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 02:16 AM   #1
Jogro
Jogro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
HELP: Rotate to landscape mode via ssh command K4-4.1.3

Hi,

i have a RPi3 which is running a Magic mirror and VNC Server is enabled.
The Kindle 4(Black one with no touch, Wikipedia 5.Gen) Firmware 4.1.3 is running kindlevncviewer and Shows me the information.

The goal is, hat the raspberry will start, check for existing VNC connection, if there is no connection, the rasperry will start the VNC connection on the kindle.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=62139

NOW the issue.
At the moment i am switching from portrait mode to landscape manually on the kindle.
I mounted the Kindle in a picture frame, so the keypad is not accessible.
Sometimes the Kindle has an issue and come up with the screensafer and portrait mode.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SWITCH FROM potrait mode TO landscape mode WITH A SSH COMMAND?

THX
Hannes
Jogro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Perhaps.
Is the K4 running the "Main" or the "Diags" system?
Why?
The "Diags" system uses X11, the "Main" system does not.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle 4, landscape mode, ssh, vnc