Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
eduardomb
eduardomb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is there a Kual Extension/add-on for cloud

Is there any extension for Kual that make possible to download PDF/epub that is in a cloud service like onedrive, googledrive or even the amazon cloud?
Thanks
eduardomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I've modified your thread title to make it clearer that you are asking a question -- hope you don't mind.

IIRC there is a dropbox client of some sort somewhere... ah, here we go: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=dropbox

KUAL isn't interactive beyond predefined buttons, but this will sync a folder automatically.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardomb View Post
Is there any extension for Kual that make possible to download PDF/epub that is in a cloud service like onedrive, googledrive or even the amazon cloud?
Thanks
Yes, search forum for "s3cmd" as the text body keyword.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #4
eduardomb

Thanks for changing the title. My english isnt´that good.

Does s3cmd only works with paid services? Or does it work with onedrive?

Let me explain. I wanna download some files from onedrive/googledrive at my kindle. I really doesn´t wanna sync, just download some file that I need. ( I really don´t wanna dropbox cause I have low storage there =( but if is the only option, I can live with it.

Can u guys help me? Sorry for boring with it. You must have so many work with the new jb and other stuffs.

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The s3cmd built for the Kindle works with any cloud service that supports the s3 protocol.
Most of the ones you mention do IIRC.

There is a newer version of s3cmd that does do 'sync' and 'cloudfront' protocol -
but we never built it (yet) for the Kindle.

(Why should we, nobody ever used the first one we built. )
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
eduardomb

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #7
eduardomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The s3cmd built for the Kindle works with any cloud service that supports the s3 protocol.
Most of the ones you mention do IIRC.

There is a newer version of s3cmd that does do 'sync' and 'cloudfront' protocol -
but we never built it (yet) for the Kindle.

(Why should we, nobody ever used the first one we built. )
Quote:
For Cloud Service access from the command line (which implies it can be scripted), try:

For non-ARM devices (FREE != ssl/tls protected connection):
https://storagemadeeasy.com/LinuxDrive/

For Kindles (should work with NiLuJe's python install but not tested):
http://s3tools.org/s3cmd
See Also:
http://xmodulo.com/2013/06/how-to-ac...-in-linux.html

Note:
Amazon still offers a FREE "starter account" on their web services system:
http://aws.amazon.com/s3/

Which includes their supercomputer (Which is running Linux, like your Kindle is):
http://www.top500.org/site/50321
Also: http://www.top500.org/system/178321
(Yes, you can get a FREE "starter account" on that machine also.)

Maybe we should start posting our Kindle Jailbreak(s) and other things on Amazon's s3 (free) cloud with the files marked as "public".

Is this the post you are talking about?
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Is this the post you are talking about?
Can you please link the post?
It would be appreciated.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 07-07-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is linked, it is a quote containing a backlink to the quoted post...
Old 07-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #10
eduardomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Can you please link the post?
It would be appreciated.
U can in the icon next to the "knc1" nick at my quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In my defense, long day and no one told me how to do that. Thanks for understanding.
I'm still learning the ropes.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Nope, wrong thread, that is someone else's work, a drive-by poster, not what was built at this site.

Include the username:
brianinmaine
as the poster's name in the search filters when you search, he tested (and used) our s3cmd build.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Nope, wrong thread, that is someone else's work, a drive-by poster, not what was built at this site.

Include the username:
brianinmaine
as the poster's name in the search filters when you search, he tested (and used) our s3cmd build.
Now I know I need out of here for a bit.
I read that as brain in maine.
So I will return when I smell better.

Note to the guy asking. It is brian.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #14
eduardomb

DO I have to set up the usbnet tools and get into the "cadaver" software with ssh shell?
Or can I use Kual menu? I've tried to put the cadaver.zip as a extensions and mr installer but didn't work =(
Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by eduardomb; 07-07-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #15
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

If it doesn't come with a prebuilt KUAL button, then it is easy to make one.
KUAL_What's_New#Extension_Files