Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
deltamax2
deltamax2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb which e-reader/tablet to buy

hi i am a new to this forum, i stumbled into this site whn searching for tablet reviews..

so far i have read books in my blackberry smartphone (9700) in both mobi and PDF formats..

Rite-now i am looking to buy a decent and low priced tablet which should have a decent battery life with back-lighting...

in India only Chinese re-branded tablets are available with poor quality

a friend of mine is coming from germany so i can a tablet from thr...

i have serched some german sites.. Trekstor eBook Player 5(M) looks promising still i need suggestion from u guys can i get this or any other suggestions is also welcomed.....

thanks in advance...
deltamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
I have an Archos 70 which I like a lot. My Samsung Galaxy Tab didn't work from day 1 but Amazon refunded my money with no problems and even paid for the postage both ways. If you buy from Amazon or Ebay you have a good chance of getting your money back if there is a problem.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
deltamax2

Exclamation

hi thanks for the reply

u mean archos 70 or 70b..

70b is priced at 99.99 Euro but it got some bad reviews..

can any1 giv some feedback on the Trekstor eBook Player 5(M) or TrekStor e-book player 7 black
Old 11-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
linr_76
gadget geek
linr_76 began at the beginning.

Device: ImCoSys eReader (4fff n618), Archos 70 IT, Eken M001
Hi deltamax, i have an Archos 70 IT and while it is certainly a decent tablet for what i need it for (mainly multimedia and couch-surfing) i have to say that the screen is quite awful. low resolution (800x480), strange viewing angles and depending on what you display on screen also discoloration.
for reading it is certainly not up to the task. unless Archos has done a better job with the screen on the 70 reader line i seriously doubt you would be happy with those.
since you cannot just go have a look, i dont think its a good idea to buy one unseen.
the new gen 9 Archos 80 seems to be better in the screen department, but the price is almost the same as an Acer A100 or similar.
The Trekstore "tablets" i know nothing of, sorry i cant help there.
if you want a good allround tablet, i think you will have to spend some more money and get something from a big brand. Samsung Galaxy Tab comes to mind... those got cheaper recently because the new Gen came out.
If you want a 7 inch device, i think that would be the right one.

happy tabletting
Roland
linr_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
deltamax2

Red face

thanks for the info linr.....
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
mark40
mark40 began at the beginning.

Thank you

Thank you

Good post
mark40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamax2 View Post
hi thanks for the reply

u mean archos 70 or 70b..
I mean the Archos 70 250 GB. I should add that I have found Archos very good to deal with as a company. I had another A 70 and it went faulty: whose fault? Who knows? But Archos replaced it with no delay and the new one is working flawlessly. I find the 250 Gigs of memory very useful and I have 4 reading apps installed - Kindle, Kobo, Moonreader and Coolreader: all are useful in different ways. The screen is just perfect. I think that all devices can have technical faults. The important thing is whether the company will help you when a fault becomes apparent.
I first bought a Galaxy Tab from Amazon and this was faulty from day 1. Amazon refunded my money but I did not want to replace it with the same model.

Last edited by Bertolt; 11-03-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote