Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #121
Jake77
Jake77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks! It works!
Old 08-05-2017, 09:23 PM   #122
stats
stats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enough

Device: sony pr505
Getting ready to try KSM 8. How do I make a backup of my firmware in case something breaks. To restore, do I just recopy the files into the current directories? I have a first edition H2O.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stats View Post
Getting ready to try KSM 8. How do I make a backup of my firmware in case something breaks. To restore, do I just recopy the files into the current directories? I have a first edition H2O.
It's unlikely that anything you do with KSM would put you into a position where you can't recover by doing a factory reset. What you probably want to do is take a full copy of everything on the user partition of the device. That way, if you do need to do a factory reset, you can easily recover the books to the status you are currently at.

There is a way of taking an image from a running device to the external SD card. It is described in a thread here. But, there isn't a way to restore it to a non-working device without opening it. As such, it's probably just as easy to request an image when it is actually needed.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #124
stats
stats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enough

Device: sony pr505
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's unlikely that anything you do with KSM would put you into a position where you can't recover by doing a factory reset. What you probably want to do is take a full copy of everything on the user partition of the device. That way, if you do need to do a factory reset, you can easily recover the books to the status you are currently at.

There is a way of taking an image from a running device to the external SD card. It is described in a thread here. But, there isn't a way to restore it to a non-working device without opening it. As such, it's probably just as easy to request an image when it is actually needed.
Cool! Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #125
Sparcky
Sparcky began at the beginning.

Device: kobo auro h20
Can i also get the link/image Thanks. (sd is dead.)
Thank you very much
Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:09 AM   #127
Sparcky
Sparcky began at the beginning.

Device: kobo auro h20
A swap of the SD card with a new one and restore of the image and yes it works. Thanks David.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:08 AM   #128
dzl
dzl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Hello. Can you send me the link for the SD image for Aura H2O.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #129
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #130
Bigbaboo
Bigbaboo began at the beginning.

Device: Aura h2o Kobo clara HD
Hi!
My h2o is bricked since 4 months, can you send me the link for the SD image for Aura H2O.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #131
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #132
DanielLana
DanielLana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hello davidfor. I have a Kobo N647 and I am facing a problem when it starts. The screen freezes when the 5th square is completed. Could you send me a copy of this image and instructions, so to solve this problem?
Thank you very much !!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #133
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #134
DanielLana
DanielLana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Thank You!!
Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #135
kaaremr
kaaremr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi there...is there someone who can send me the link for the SD image for Aura H2O..?
Closed Thread

Tags
sd image