Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #1
webmystiker
webmystiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
how to decrease the icons in toolbar ?

Hi,
why looks the calibre layout so unprofessional ?
how to decrease the icons size in toolbar ?

lg joe
webmystiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmystiker View Post
Hi,
why looks the calibre layout so unprofessional ?
how to decrease the icons size in toolbar ?

lg joe
Moderator Notice
Moved OUT of development. READ the sticky. Development is for developers.

Unprofessional?
Really?
Who appointed you the judge?

I just so happens that Kovid ,'knows what a typical user wants/needs for a simple to use starting interface

Did you even bother to explore the UI?
You might have found the various toolbar controls that allows extensive adjustment to what or where they appear (mine does not even remotely look like what was shipped).
Did you even read the FAQ and some of these threads? You would have discovered that there is a BUILTIN facility for user supplied Icons (and there have been many sets donated)

Last edited by theducks; 05-19-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added Mod note
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
First time, Calibre punches you with a lot of functions.
I needed a few days to realize, that you can customize everything you want with Calibre.

Go to "Configure calibre" => "Look and Feel" => "Main Interface" and change the Icons to an other theme.
On the same "Main Interface" Tab you can choose, if you only want to show Icons without Text and so on.
"Apply".

Now go to "Toolbars" => Choose "The Main Toolbar" and change Icons you want to see or not to see.

Greetz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-05-19 14-58-45.png
Views:	234
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	156865  

Last edited by Angel Crawford; 05-19-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Could a moderator please remove the too big image? Sorry, i forgot.
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Crawford View Post
Now go to "Toolbars" => Choose "The Main Toolbar" and change Icons you want to see or not to see.

And, if you remove all the icons from the tool bars you won't see any icons. For a barebones minimalist interface just add Preferences to the main Menu bar .

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	156882

I access everything I need via keyboard shortcuts and/or the book list context menu. The only reason I have the menu bar is because calibre mandates that Preferences must be in the main tool bar or menu bar.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote