Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Thumbs up Cool New Fiction! Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

I've been waiting for this one since I heard the announcement, it sounded intresting and was right up my alley. Cory Doctorow has made it one of his missions to promote himself and eBooks by offering his books in free digital format. You can find most of his works at his website after the link.

Synopsis of book and why Mr. Doctorow offers his works for free can be found here - http://craphound.com/littlebrother/about/#freedownload/

Book download in various formats here - http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/

Two thumbs up!

Now off to read!

Editor's Note: Thanks also to Sammy McLoughlin for reminding us about this today. He has posted the information for his Palm audience at Palm Addicts.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
JSWolf has uploaded an lrf version in our book upload section on 9th May.
He's also posted a lot of other texts by Doctorow.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Just finished it today. It's a page-turner.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The LRF I've posted of Little Brother is a lot nicer to read then the one up on Craphound.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
NP, I'll check it out then. I actually used the "Search" function before posting this thread and it didn't turn up any hits, let alone Jon's edition, otherwise I wouldn't have made a duplicate.

Thanks for taking the time to make a good one Jon!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are very welcome. I used the PDF as my template to figure out how to do the LRF.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can anyone point to a high quality mobi version of this book?
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Can anyone point to a high quality mobi version of this book?
Why not read the LRF on your 500? It is a high quality version. I am going to make a Mobi edition. But, I've not yet had the time.

Actually, I think this book is better as an LRF then it would be as a Mobi edition. The reason being is that the original PDF used different fonts for different parts of the book and I was able to duplicate that easily with the LRF. But can I use a different font with a Mobipocket eBook?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not read the LRF on your 500? It is a high quality version. I am going to make a Mobi edition. But, I've not yet had the time.
My son has the 500 and I will put the LRF version on it for him. But, I need it for my Kindle also.

BOb
Old 05-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
It's been on Feedbooks for a while: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/book/2466
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
It's been on Feedbooks for a while: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/book/2466
Doh! Thanks. Should have searched my feedbooks file.

BOb
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I've finished the version JSWolf uploaded a while back. This book is a great read!!

And, IMO, has a great message. A brave and well written story.

Thanks again for the LRF version, JSWolf!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote