Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #1951
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
I have several stories from AO3 that were archived from other sites, the author is always the same account (e.g. ISF_Archivist). But there is the original writer's name, too, only not with an account. Uh, I don't know how to explain.

Here are some links (stories are restricted!):
Four Walls by Twi [archived by ISF_Archivist]
Smoke and Mirrors by Downdilly [archived by ISF_Archivist]
To Snare a Snape by y2kewel [archived by HPFandom_archivist]

Would it be possible to extract the original author's name (like 'Twi') and put it as a second writer in the epub's metadata, so that it displays both in calibre, when collecting the metadata: 'ISF_Archivist & Twi'?
Hmmm. The 'by X [archived by Y] seems to be a thing on AO3, so I'll look into it.

It might end up being a separate metadata entry, however, rather than another author due to the lack of authorUrl link.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #1952
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's not hugely unreasonable, I can add it in the next test version. However, it will be called titleHTML as storyHTML is dangerously ambiguous to me.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #1953
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Hmmm. The 'by X [archived by Y] seems to be a thing on AO3, so I'll look into it.

It might end up being a separate metadata entry, however, rather than another author due to the lack of authorUrl link.
Don't know how others feel about it, or how difficult it would be, but I would rather it shows the original author (eg., AO3 Story Example by ThisWriter), but have the Archivist authorUrl link.

OR

Show both author and archivist (eg., AO3 Story Example by ThisWriter [archived by MyFandom_Archivist]), and have the whole thing with the one authorUrl link.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #1954
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Don't know how others feel about it, or how difficult it would be, but I would rather it shows the original author (eg., AO3 Story Example by ThisWriter), but have the Archivist authorUrl link. (...)
Good thought, MerlinMama!
I would be more than happy with either option.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #1955
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
It's part of a fic preservation project. With permission from the original archivists, they import fanfic archives that are going to be going offline due to financial concerns or lack of ability to maintain the original site/archive, in order to keep the fic available to the fandom community. :-)

I, too, would like to keep the original author's name in a way that makes it searchable/filterable on Calibre.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #1956
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Huh. Turns out this was added last spring as a site-specific metadata item: byline.

Quote:
Version 2.2.18 - 18 Feb 2016

- Add byline site specific metadata for AO3.
byline can be saved to a custom column, included in tags, or included in titlepage in the usual ways.

You could also put it into the author field, but that will cause problems if you also have stories with multiple authors.
Code:
# Add:
include_in_author:author,byline
# or replace:
include_in_author:byline
It's a bit complex because AO3 can have anonymous author, single author, multiple author and 'archived by' author.

Another possibility would be to add a feature to (optionally) use the 'byline' class content as the author 'name' but only if only one author link found and it contains 'archived by'.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #1957
agumon1123
agumon1123 began at the beginning.

Is there a way to use the replace metadata function to do something like add an extra author to stories?
agumon1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #1958
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you for looking into this, Jimm.
I added byline to a custom column to see how I want to use this feature, first.
Code:
add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 byline=>#writer
This works without a problem for now, and I get the author e.g. 'Twi [archived by ISF_Archivist]'. Can this part in brackets somehow be cut off? I tried doing so. I only came up with the following, but this doesn't work. I guess because the custom column data is not included in metadata?
Code:
replace_metadata:
 #writer=> \[.*\]=>
Quote:
Another possibility would be to add a feature to (optionally) use the 'byline' class content as the author 'name' but only if only one author link found and it contains 'archived by'.
Could this feature then be linked to the profile page of the archivist? Or is this not possible? e.g. 'Twi [archived by ISF_Archivist]' - when clicking on the autor 'Twi' that was then created by FFF I would still be sent to the profile page of 'ISF_Archivist' on AO3.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #1959
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

You could use that string in the S&R that will delete the information in the brackets (including the brackets).

If the metadata is in parentheses, how can I delete it in the S&R without being left with () instead or having it delete letters in the metadata outside of the parentheses?

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 04-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #1960
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

(multi-reply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agumon1123 View Post
Is there a way to use the replace metadata function to do something like add an extra author to stories?
You can, by using the 'split' comma mechanism:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 author=>Bob=>Bob\,Fred
You probably want to use a story URL section or specific match regex rather than applying it universally. And an exact '^Bob$' rather than any 'Bob'.

Also, authorUrl and authorId would need to be handled separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
This works without a problem for now, and I get the author e.g. 'Twi [archived by ISF_Archivist]'. Can this part in brackets somehow be cut off? I tried doing so. I only came up with the following, but this doesn't work. I guess because the custom column data is not included in metadata?
Code:
replace_metadata:
 #writer=> \[.*\]=>
replace_metadata operates on the metadata entry, you're giving it the column name. Use this instead:
Code:
replace_metadata:
 byline=> \[.*\]=>
[/QUOTE]

But I don't think you'll need it with the next test version.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #1961
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version released (in regular test post)

2017-04-05
- Remove defunct sites portkey.org and psychfic.com
- Can't skip numChapters - adapter_trekfanfictionnet
- Refactor to move fetches to Configuration class for _filelist feature
- Remove self.decode to defaults.ini, fix use_pagecache().
- Add *_filelist feature
- Add titleHTML to mirror authorHTML
- Change ncisfiction.net to ncisfiction.com - users & storyIDs *not* the same.
- Add <meta charset="UTF-8"> to html output by default.
- Add use_archived_author option for archiveofourown.org.
- Add --progressbar option for CLI.
- Update translations.
- Bump test version.

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## AO3 allows users to archive stories they didn't write in certain
## cases.  These are indicated by showing a byline such as:
## 'Orig Author [archived by Archivist Author]'
## If use_archived_author is set true (and there's only one author
## listed), author will be set to 'Orig Author' instead of 'Archivist
## Author'.  authorUrl will still point to the Archivist Author's page.
use_archived_author:true
Old 04-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #1962
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've tested the TitleHTML and that works. The new function for the [archive by] in AO3 works fine as well.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 AM   #1963
version365
Enthusiast
version365 began at the beginning.

This is mainly for davidfor since he is the main developer for the literotica adapter..

Last year, you introduced eroticatags for lit downloads.

On multi-chapter stories tags from all the chapters are added to the title page correctly..
but, when I use extra_subject_tags to add those tags in calibre, only the 1st chapter's tags are added.

Is that intended behavior? or bug?
version365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 AM   #1964
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by version365 View Post
This is mainly for davidfor since he is the main developer for the literotica adapter..

Last year, you introduced eroticatags for lit downloads.

On multi-chapter stories tags from all the chapters are added to the title page correctly..
but, when I use extra_subject_tags to add those tags in calibre, only the 1st chapter's tags are added.

Is that intended behavior? or bug?
Yes, it was intended, but it probably shouldn't have been. The fix is easy, and I have done it. But, as it is a change in behaviour, I feel I should add it as an option. I got stuck on the option name

I need something to say to use all chapter categories. I just don't like "use_all_chapter_categories".

Or, the reverse, to only use the category from the first chapter. I got stuck on "first_chapter_category_only". Again, I don't like it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Or, is it needed at all?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:37 AM   #1965
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

chapter_categories__use_all or chapter_categories__first_only
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction