Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #1936
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Okay, thanks. I'll be treating it more as a new site then. Unfortunately, that means you won't be able to just update pre-existing ncisfiction.net stories.

But if you download by URL, FFF will notice if you have a pre-existing book with the same title/author. (If you have the option turned on.)
Personally, all the stories I currently have are either complete or long abandoned. I only noticed because I'm building a reject list of stories with the reason "Already Have", that way I don't re-download stories that already exist in my library. It told me I didn't have a valid ID
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #1937
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:

Yes. What you do is create an extra custom metadata field then fill with both(or more) and use that to populate the column.

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,yourfield
include_in_yourfield:rating,category
custom_columns_settings:
 yourfield=>#yourcolumn
Thanks!
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #1938
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
To put the story HTML into a column? No.
Could there be?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #1939
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi Jimm,

I got this error this morning:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text', for 7 different AO3 stories. Could you please check?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to check the AO3 status messages. Please disregard the above.

Last edited by Firedancer885; 04-01-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to check the status messages
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #1940
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Could there be?
To put the story HTML -- that is, the text of the generated ebook -- into a column? No, I don't have any plans to provide that.

Why would you want that? That's what the ebook files are for.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #1941
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I meant the link to the story like the AuthorHTML does.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #1942
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
Quote:
Ouch. I'm glad you were able to recover.
(FYI, I did find that copying a library dir to a new name within the same calibre instance/install doesn't work as I expected. Calibre kinda-sorta considers them the same--same library UID and shared FFF settings. So don't do that.)

In other news, be careful with Calibre's export/import all data features. It means it when it says 'all'.
Thanks for the information. I still am not sure what actually caused it, I've copied the lirbary more than once to another drive as a backup, or keeping a copy on an externally to access while on the road. I've never had a problem until now.

Quote:
As for backup, I submit that asking each program (let alone each plugin in each program) to provide their own backup mechanism is not practical.

I think what you need is incremental backup of the library dir, not manual backup of specific parts. My library is 2.25G and my incremental backup (rsync) generally takes only a few minutes because it's only sending what's changed.
I meant my database file itself is ~340mb. That means anytime my db file changes it would have to update the entire file, correct? Which would be regularly, almost daily if I'm home. My calibre library is a mixed fanfiction, webfiction and books (books that are specifically for my kindle semi current stuff.) It currently has 92k books in it but a good sized portion of that is because of the current HDD move and my doing some cleanup in the process since my 'Kindle' library (what I call it) is one for cleanup and such.

Anyway, I knew it probably wasn't practical, but it was just a stray thought that developed out of the panic.

Quote:
I just tested that and in personal.ini, custom_columns 'a' worked as expected for me.

However, if you use the setting on the Custom Columns tab to set the column, it always does replace. Even if you have 'a' in custom_columns. Might that explain it?
Yeah, I found that was the problem. Sometimes I'm an idiot. Thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited by mehetabelo; 04-01-2017 at 04:42 PM.
mehetabelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #1943
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(multi-reply)

Quote:
I meant the link to the story like the AuthorHTML does.
That makes a little more sense.

Looking at it, the existing code doesn't have a storyHTML, nor can it create one using make_linkhtml_entries. I will consider if I want to add additional special code for it.

It would help if you describe exactly what you would want from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post
I meant my database file itself is ~340mb. That means anytime my db file changes it would have to update the entire file, correct?
A proper incremental backup should only update the parts of the file that changed. How big it chunks the files may vary.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #1944
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:

That makes a little more sense.

Looking at it, the existing code doesn't have a storyHTML, nor can it create one using make_linkhtml_entries. I will consider if I want to add additional special code for it.

It would help if you describe exactly what you would want from it.
When I merge multiple stories downloaded from different sites, the Ids keep only one story link, but I would like to keep them all.

I know I can do that with a Story_URL column but I really like the other option of having it show the title of the story instead of just an ID-number.

Like the option for the AuthorHTML contra the Author URL.

Alternate if it could be possible to create a rule in the Ids column that shows the title instead of the website (see attachment) and then copy the Ids column to a StoryHTML column?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Att.png
Views:	153
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	155946  
Old 04-02-2017, 05:27 AM   #1945
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have several stories from AO3 that were archived from other sites, the author is always the same account (e.g. ISF_Archivist). But there is the original writer's name, too, only not with an account. Uh, I don't know how to explain.

Here are some links (stories are restricted!):
Four Walls by Twi [archived by ISF_Archivist]
Smoke and Mirrors by Downdilly [archived by ISF_Archivist]
To Snare a Snape by y2kewel [archived by HPFandom_archivist]

Would it be possible to extract the original author's name (like 'Twi') and put it as a second writer in the epub's metadata, so that it displays both in calibre, when collecting the metadata: 'ISF_Archivist & Twi'?
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #1946
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
When I merge multiple stories downloaded from different sites, the Ids keep only one story link, but I would like to keep them all.

I know I can do that with a Story_URL column but I really like the other option of having it show the title of the story instead of just an ID-number.

Alternate if it could be possible to create a rule in the Ids column that shows the title instead of the website (see attachment) and then copy the Ids column to a StoryHTML column?
You can have multiple URL identifiers. You add them with the identifer "url" plus a number. You could have:

Code:
url:https://themainstorysite.com/story?id=12345
url1:https://theotherstorysite.com/story/43356
url2:https://yass.com/library/s/y/43356
But, I have no idea how FFF would handle this. It probably only looks at the "url" site.

For the ids column, by showing the title, do you mean the story title, or the site name. You can't do the former, but you can do the site name. This is done by adding an identifier rule. These are created in the calibre preferences on the "Look and feel" page under "Book details". Press the button to "Create rules to convert identifiers into links". This shows the current list of rules. You can add or edit them here. As an example, I have a rule for books from the MobileRead library. This has:

Key: mobileread
Name: MobileRead
Template: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t={id}

When I add a book from the library, I add an identifier "mobileread:1234". The details pane then shows "MobileRead" as a link and clicking the link takes me to "https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234". You can do this for any site that you can work out the template and id for. FFF doesn't use them, but I use them for several sites. Or when I no longer need FFF to be able to download them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #1947
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I meant the story title, and can that be copied to a column without turning back into a link?
Old 04-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #1948
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You could put it in a text column a link with the appropriate HTML tags. But, what is the point? To me that would mean you have the story title displayed in multiple places. I've probably missed the point of what you are trying to do.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #1949
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it something I can do batch in S&R?

When I merge stories, I would like to keep all the links to the original stories.

I already have the AuthorHTML column. I was looking for something similar for the title.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #1950
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:

That's not hugely unreasonable, I can add it in the next test version. However, it will be called titleHTML as storyHTML is dangerously ambiguous to me.

Quote:
@davidfor clearly knows more about Ids than I do.

Tags
fanfiction