Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Grouping Saved Searches

Is there any way to make a F&R function that can run multiple F&R's with one operation?

I like (personal preference) to replace

<p class="bold"
<span class="bold
<strong>

with the briefer <b> ...</b>

Same for italics and underline

Saved Searches has been great, but now I have 8 or 9.

With the new Reg-Ex function, I thought maybe I could 'group' the 8 or 9 into a single super Saved Search that uses a RegEx function

Last edited by phossler; 02-27-2015 at 08:21 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:36 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
In: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit...search-replace

You can bring up the dialog of saved searches via Search->Saved Searches. This will present you with a list of search and replace expressions that you can apply. You can even select multiple entries in the list by holding down the Ctrl Key while clicking so as to run multiple search and replace expressions in a single operation.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the Control-Key tip. I didn't know that

That's a little easier, but I still think it'd be handier to be able to define a single RegEx function that would be able to run a number at once
Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Write a custom function that parses the Find content, and determines which replacement to use?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard

Quote:
Write a custom function that parses the Find content, and determines which replacement to use?
Actually, I did investigate seeing if I could do that by copying and cookbooking some examples.

Problem I came up with was the 'Find' is different for the 8 or 9 Saved Searches I typically use:

Find: <p class="bold">(.*?)</p> Replace: <p><b>\1</b></p>
Find: <p class="italic">(.*?)</p> Replace: <p><i>\1</i></p>
Find: <span class="bold">(.*?)</span> Replace: <b>\1</b>

Maybe a 'Super Saved Search' is the wrong term / concept ???? Maybe something like a PI or a macro capability that could give a group of Saved Searches a name and run then all at once.

Until then, the multi-select seems to be the best way to go
Advert
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
parse the second character and depending on what it is, do the replacement. Just like I said.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote