Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2021, 04:22 AM   #1
geggi69
geggi69 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Poke3 font issue

Hi all, past year I've bought a Poke3

The device is nice and even if it doesn't completely satisfy me I'using it as eReader

The biggest problem I have however is about font appearance. So regardless the app I use, neoreader, kobo, moon+ and regardless the size, or the type the fonts looks as they were in bold, that is noising for me

Anyone else experienced the same problem?

Inviato dal mio MAR-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
geggi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Onyx has by default "High Constrast" enabled. That is most notable on white text (on a dark background), but it does that to everything. You can turn that off or adjust it on a per-app basis. Mmm, I think that it's a long push on the app in the Onyx Launcher.

If you take the "nuclear option" you can disable a bunch of Onyx stuff by:
Code:
# pm disable com.onyx
But you have to be rooted.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 03:37 AM   #3
geggi69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Onyx has by default "High Constrast" enabled. That is most notable on white text (on a dark background), but it does that to everything. You can turn that off or adjust it on a per-app basis. Mmm, I think that it's a long push on the app in the Onyx Launcher.

If you take the "nuclear option" you can disable a bunch of Onyx stuff by:

Code:
# pm disable com.onyx
But you have to be rooted.
Hi Renate, thanks for your input but where I can disable such High Contrast? I was no able to find anything in settings

Old 11-21-2021, 06:30 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
No, it's a setting per app. You go to the page where all the apps are listed and long click on a specific app.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #5
geggi69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
No, it's a setting per app. You go to the page where all the apps are listed and long click on a specific app.
You make my day!!!

Advert