Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #91
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I definitely find Xodo far better for PDFs on a 10" tablet than Librera, but I can see why some would like it.
Xodo does something equivalent to Collections. Each one is a virtual "folder" at the top level of the menu where you browse the filesystem or add directories.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:56 AM   #92
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Loving Librera Pro. Just one confusion I'm using the older version of Calibre Companion to store my books, then read them in Librera. When I finish a book I want to remove them from the Librera library, but Not from my sd card library (ie Calibre Companion library). Some books never show a "remove from library" and those that do still appear to be on the library. Help would be much appreciated.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #93
Heiderose
Heiderose began at the beginning.

Device: PB 623
Sorry I'm new to this app, is there a possibility to organize in Genre or series, I was not able to find such categories in Librera Pro (FDroid Version)
Heiderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #94
Heiderose
Heiderose began at the beginning.

Device: PB 623
Sorry did not properly read this thread before posting my question, I now saw that you added: to the new beta.librera.mobi "Use Calibre metadata.opf" (Enabled by default).
Unfortunately this is not in my FDroid version. Is it possible to integrate this as well. And finally I found no way to donate, I avoid Google Apps if possible but that does not mean I want your service for free.
Heiderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #95
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've some issue with Librera.
I've my Calibre library made of 2761 documents in the external sd card formatted as exfat.
Using calibre I've created the library so that authors are specified in this way Surname, X. Y. being X. and Y. the initial letters of author name.
This way if I go with a normal file manager inside the calibre library I find the authors ordered by their surnames.
When using Librera I try to search by authors, the program wrongly recognizes the initial letters of authors' names as if they were additional authors.
So, for instance, a SMITH, J. author appears as J. and SMITH in Librera.
Is there a way to solve?
Should I open a bug issue?
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #96
eddington
eddington began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
It would almost be perfect but of course they had to screw up highlighting!!!
WHY do you make me select 'bookmark' from a menu and then pop up a window????
JUST LET ME HIGHLIGHT IN ONE CLICK FFS.
eddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:05 AM   #97
duckchair
duckchair began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anyone know if there's a way to drag and drop books in your library to organize them? I'd like to be able to organize them in a way that makes sense to me, instead of by author/title, etc.
duckchair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #98
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
With release 8.3.135 I am having problem with certain epubs not diplaying images (cover, title, etc). Instead of an image I see message [img].
These epubs used to work fine with release 8.3.100. I have checked them with calibre and Sigil editors and they do not report any problem. Any ideas?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:46 AM   #99
Kelltech
Kelltech began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddington View Post
It would almost be perfect but of course they had to screw up highlighting!!!
WHY do you make me select 'bookmark' from a menu and then pop up a window????
JUST LET ME HIGHLIGHT IN ONE CLICK FFS.
Is it true that there's no way to highlight with Librera, or am I totally missing something? I also can't find a way.
Kelltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #100
bersyl91
bersyl91 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
highlighting

Hi Kelltech & eddington,
Have you read the FAQ in the Wiki?

To enable text selection:
Tap at center-screen to open the menu
Tap the settings icon to open the Preferences window
Go to the Advanced Settings tab and check the respective box

Text Selection Options
Impatient users can check the Single-tap to select box. (This option works great with the Open selection in dictionary option in the main tab of the Preferences window)
The Select text letter by letter option should come in handy when selecting text in some Asian languages

Selecting Text Segments and Entire Pages
Long-press on a word in the passage you intend to select
Drag your finger in the selection direction. When you see the start and end handles, you can release your finger, close the Text window and continue selecting text by dragging the handles
To select an entire page, open the Go to Page window by tapping the thumbnail view icon
Long-press on the page you intend to select and choose an option from the dropdown list
bersyl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #101
oldman20
oldman20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...eader_software

Here the full comparison those, i think it's helpful
oldman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #102
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
The final version of Librera is fully compatible with Android 12, all migration issues are fixed, and the scroll mode is adapted for E-INK devices.

We have a new person in the customer support service. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Last edited by foobnix; 12-28-2021 at 02:59 PM.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:33 PM   #103
mackeev
mackeev began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelltech View Post
Is it true that there's no way to highlight with Librera, or am I totally missing something? I also can't find a way.
There should be a topic posted in Librera's FAQ page today (!), with some explanations and how-to info. It will, hopefully, answer your question.
mackeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:30 AM   #104
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Three questions @foobnix:
  1. Does the latest version still support Android 4.4.2 (for possible inclusion in Tolino e-readers)?
  2. Is there an easy way to always prefer the "publisher’s settings" (like embedded fonts)?
  3. There seems to be a small bug with complicated OTF font rules. Seems the rules aren’t always executed correctly, see below "Test Fraktur" EPUB.

I am working on some EPUBs that use old German Kurrent and Fraktur fonts (fully embedded as .ttf but with rather complicated OTF rule sets). These display correctly with Calibre (see screenshot) but not on my smartphone using Librera. Could you have a look, please?

The first screenshot shows what’s expected—two "end-s" situations are marked, but there is more, like correct ligature building for "ſt", "tz" and so forth.

Second screenshot shows how it’s displayed on my smartphone (using the default "Times" setting).

I also include a test EPUB file, for verification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Fraktur [EPUB] — eBook-Betrachter_001.png
Views:	82
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	191075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211229-152644.png
Views:	90
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	191077  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Hormann, Matthias - Test Fraktur (101).epub (359.9 KB, 88 views)
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:29 AM   #105
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
>Does the latest version still support Android 4.4.2 (for possible inclusion in Tolino e-readers)?
Yes, Librera will support old devices as long as possible

>Is there an easy way to always prefer the "publisher’s settings" (like embedded fonts)?
Yes, just set use Document style (please see screenshot)

>There seems to be a small bug with complicated OTF font rules.
Yes, Librera use Mupdf engine for rendering, it's can't correctly display html like in specification. It's has only limited support of html.

You can compare mupdf 1.11 vs mupdf 1.19 in the latest build (beta.librera.mobi)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2021-12-30-12-23-17.png
Views:	94
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	191097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2021-12-30-12-23-51.png
Views:	108
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	191098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2021-12-30-12-27-40.png
Views:	104