Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I was just telling myself this morning, GtrsRGr8, what we really need in the world is another audiobook subscription service, with a free trial offer.

I'm lying. I think that we have enough, if not too many, audiobook subscription services already. But this one that I heard about today may have some advantages over the others that are worth your consideration.

It's TuneIn Premium. I've known about TuneIn Free for years, but only as a website where you can hear gazillions of different radio stations. It does a fine job of that, and has been my go-to website for that, for years also. I often use it to listen to my favorite team--the Florida Gators, of course--play football and basketball, when I can't catch the game on TV.
Audiobook Rental Plans

TuneIn Premium
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #62
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Of course, I did a better job of going into important details about it.

Was that on the O.P. on the Audiobooks thread? I actually did a Ctrl + F search for "tune" on that whole page, before posting, and only got the word "fortune." Grrrrrr

"No good deed goes unpunished."
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course, I did a better job of going into important details about it.

Was that on the O.P. on the Audiobooks thread? I actually did a Ctrl + F search for "tune" on that whole page, before posting, and only got the word "fortune." Grrrrrr

"No good deed goes unpunished."
I have no problem with anyone posting reminders about available programs. The OP is loaded with info and it's quite easy to overlook things.

It's at the top of the OP, though not mentioned specifically.

Quote:
Audiobook Offers --> updated 05 Jan 2017

This is a listing of current downloadable audiobook offers. Geographic restrictions apply, so offers may or may not be available for you. Also note that some of these companies sell multiple formats (MP3, M4B, CD, MP3 CD, etc), so be careful when placing an order.

Master Index --> 2016 Thread | Sources & Formats | Cust Svc Database

Subsciption Plans --> Purchase Plans | Rental Plans

Note: offers without expiration dates are subject to change without notice
Old 01-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #64
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have no problem with anyone posting reminders about available programs. The OP is loaded with info and it's quite easy to overlook things.

It's at the top of the OP, though not mentioned specifically.
I forgot all about that possibility. I make so few posts that would go on the Audiobooks thread.

Thanks for being magnanimous about the repeating of posts. I definitely don't want to do it intentionally, however, because about every day I see dozens of ebooks that would be nice to post, but don't have the time to do them (I post all of the classical music freebies that I come across, though, and maybe things of one or two other specific categories). I certainly don't want to spend time making what are basically repeats of posts that have already been made.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 AM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
For you Dr. Who fans, Big Finish has a free short story. "Forever Fallen" by Joshua Wanisko was the winner of the Paul Spragg Memorial Opportunity last year (Paul was an employee at BF and a really nice guy; this contest gives anyone a chance to submit a short story and the winner gets produced). You can get it free here. I've no idea how long it will be free (likely not long) so if you are interested get it before it's gone.

Quote:
Until now, an offered chance from the Doctor has never stopped the villain's schemes.

Until now, the android armies, the powerful space stations, the mind-control rays, have gone unchecked to disastrous effect.

Until now...

...But then what happens?
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Thanks - added to the Big Finish thread in the Audiobook Discussions forum

There are also two additional freebies available - see the same thread for details.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-08-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 08 Jan
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- The Sleeper -- Emily Barr --> suspense
  • BN Nook --> $9.99 -- Sting -- Sandra Brown --> suspense
Old 01-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #67
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Daily Deals -- exp 08 Jan
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- The Sleeper -- Emily Barr --> suspense
  • BN Nook --> $9.99 -- Sting -- Sandra Brown --> suspense
I listened to The Sleeper a while back; it's one of the many train thrillers, which I always find fun, but it loses steam as it chugs to the end of the line. At the daily deal price, it's enjoyable enough as escapist fare.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #68
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'll have to remember that TuneIn deal come next football season. $8 a month to listen to my Vikings games might be worth it.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #69
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I'll have to remember that TuneIn deal come next football season. $8 a month to listen to my Vikings games might be worth it.
Can't you listen to them on iHeartRadio or through KFAN's website? I can listen to, or watch, them locally so never tried, but I thought they'd mentioned that as an option in the past.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #70
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
UPDATE: Oops. I noticed that I partially repeated the information that AnemicOak gave! Sorry, AO!

If any one of the 100,000 radio stations available free (at least for now) on TuneIn Free carry the game, you can listen to it that way. TuneIn Free makes their money by commercials, I'm sure. You might have to do a little research to find out what station(s) carry the games that you're interested in.

I would much rather watch an NFL game than listen to one. However, I've gotten to where I almost (maybe do) prefer to listen to Gators football and basketball. I think that the reason is that I get too "worked up" watching those games when the other team scores, etc.! With any pro game I'm pretty ambivalent about who wins. I watch them for the athleticism displayed.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-08-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #71
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:

I would much rather watch an NFL game than listen to one. However, I've gotten to where I almost (maybe do) prefer to listen to Gators football and basketball. I think that the reason is that I get too "worked up" watching those games when the other team scores, etc.! With any pro game I'm pretty ambivalent about who wins. I watch them for the athleticism displayed.
I have no interest in football (although I hope the Giants win today), but I enjoy listening to baseball. In a car at night, when sometimes you can pick up a game from far away, or at the beach or in a park. These days, of course, someone's most likely streaming it from a phone, but it takes me back to the days when baseball was an afternoon game and people would listen on transistor radios.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #72
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have no interest in football (although I hope the Giants win today), but I enjoy listening to baseball. In a car at night, when sometimes you can pick up a game from far away, or at the beach or in a park. These days, of course, someone's most likely streaming it from a phone, but it takes me back to the days when baseball was an afternoon game and people would listen on transistor radios.
Just a little over a month till pitchers and catchers report!
Old 01-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #73
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Just a little over a month till pitchers and catchers report!
That's one of my benchmarks, too.! Five weeks from tomorrow for the Yankees (I'm guessing you're a Mets fan).
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 09 Jan
  • £2.99 -- The Heroes -- Joe Abercrombie --> fantasy
Old 01-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #75
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
That's one of my benchmarks, too.! Five weeks from tomorrow for the Yankees (I'm guessing you're a Mets fan).
Of course. National League all the way.