Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #871
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I don't own it but In the Pocketbook site there is the 6.1.1218 firmware.
Thanks for that. It means the Inkpad X can be recommended now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #872
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Inkpad 3 Pro users can now participate in the beta for firmware 6.3:
https://www.e-reader-forum.de/t/beta.../#post-2419829

Especially relevant is the Care DRM support for the German Onleihe (essentially our OverDrive library service) and the included new Onleihe app.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:56 AM   #873
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Could somebody please tell me, whether it is worth updating my Inkpad X to FW 6.1.1218, if I am only interested in reading PDF files on it? I don't need shop integration, cloud service and the like.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #874
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Could somebody please tell me, whether it is worth updating my Inkpad X to FW 6.1.1218, if I am only interested in reading PDF files on it? I don't need shop integration, cloud service and the like.
If you're still on the 5.x firmware, update that thing immediately
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:32 AM   #875
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Touch HD 2\PB631 is not going to get any further update, isn't it?

I just wish they fixed the epub3 series bug
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:17 AM   #876
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
Touch HD 2\PB631 is not going to get any further update, isn't it?

I just wish they fixed the epub3 series bug
I don't know if it works on a Touch HD 2, but you could try this little app.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:46 AM   #877
melltuga
melltuga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
*sigh*

I deleted my extensions.cfg from my InkPad 3 Pro (6.3 Firmware) without backing it up. Does someone have a backup and would upload it for me?

I tried a factory reset and even completely reinstalling the firmware manually, but still, the extensions.cfg is gone
melltuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #878
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You have to provide it yourself; it is not part of the firmware. You were probably using it to add some third-party reading software (coolreader, koreader,...) to the options in the Library app. There are probably instructions with that software describing what you need to put into the extensions.cfg file.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:39 AM   #879
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New firmware update for Inkpad 3 is here

https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...5.765_user.zip
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #880
angel6700
angel6700 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
I have installed it and overall I find it more responsible.
Page turns are faster and the pdf scroll-view mode is great except for the display refresh, once stopped scrolling, which is annoying.

For me this is a good update.
angel6700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:42 AM   #881
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
My Inkpad 3 is also more responsive, I have very good experience with my device.
They have now new pdf rendering engine and improved epub file reader.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:03 AM   #882
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Just updated my Pocketbook Color over wi-fi sync. No problems with the update, smooth and automatic.

Interface seems a little snappier than before, otherwise no visible changes, but I haven't tried Adobe Viewer or suchlike as yet. My books, settings, etc. were all retained and work as they did prior to the update.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #883
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Mine Inkpad 3 is also faster now.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:10 PM   #884
snazzy_cauldron
snazzy_cauldron began at the beginning.

Device: none
firmware v.6.5.765 broke Dropbox sync on my InkPad 3, it was working before update.
Now I just get a Network/Synchronization Error.
I tried re-authorizing Dropbox credentials, but the problem persists.

PocketBook Cloud on web seems lobotomized:
-Uploads claim they are 100% finished, but the books don't show up on the dashboard.
-Deleted books keep re-appearing.
-It seems you have to logout/in to make the changes visible.

Send-to-PocketBook looks so very clunky, I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: I got Dropbox sync working again by factory reset and wiping the internal memory of the device.

Last edited by snazzy_cauldron; 11-02-2021 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Dropbox fix
snazzy_cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:19 PM   #885
islufe
islufe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 632, Touch HD3
Greetings from Spain.
With firmware 6.4.466 on my reader 632 ,the Dictionary app couldn’t be launched.
If you know how I can fix it, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
islufe is offline   Reply With Quote