Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #226
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
It's wild how often some of y'all reference and discuss the contrast of the Voyage. It's gotta be a kind of mobileread folklore talking point. The mobileread Voyage cult. I would bet money the difference isn't as big as it's portrayed to be.

I'm super excited for reviews of the new Paperwhite this coming week. My upgrade plan is riding on it being as good as I hope. Much as I want an 8 inch device, I can't rationalize paying double for it and I'm skeptical we'll see the Forma heavily discounted.

I keep hoping I might find a Glowlight Plus in the future, though.

Well, I suppose we'all is remembering the same screen from actually having owned the device - or still own one. That's a big 10-4, good buddy.

Seriously, Mobileread has absolutely nothing to do with perpetuating a "Mobileread folklore talking point" about the quality of Voyage's screen. I would say many previous and present owners (that would be me), find it to have been - thus far - the best screen ever.

I look forward to the day when another device, from any company, can manufacture a better screen. I'll buy that device.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #227
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Oasis2, LibraH20, Voyage, ClaraHD, PW4,
We have four kindles, two Voyages, an Oasis 2 and a PW4. Nothing beats the screen of the Voyage. In fact I’d rather lose my 3G Oasis 2 than give up a single Voyage.

I won’t buy another kindle unless they produce a screen as good as the Voyage. I’d rather use a Kobo to read my Amazon books, the software is better, more user friendly and simpler to use, plus I like the 8 inch screen.

Last edited by Josieb1; Yesterday at 04:03 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #228
Almamida
Fanatic
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Libra 2 - Kindle PW4/ Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
We have four kindles, two Voyages, an Oasis 2 and a PW4. Nothing beats the screen of the Voyage. In fact I’d rather lose my 3G Oasis 2 than give up a single Voyage.

I won’t buy another kindle unless they produce a screen as good as the Voyage. I’d rather use a Kobo to read my Amazon books, the software is better, more user friendly and simpler to use, plus I like the 8 inch screen.
I feel you for the Oasis 2. I got 3 of them via Amazon and decided to send them back to Amazon and skip this generation.
For some reason, the Oasis 3 has a way better screen, probably due to the better front light system.
I'm curious to check the Parperwhite on Wednesday, but I might end up returning it if it's not great and make the Sage my main reader. For the software, what Amazon offers suits me and I find it way more polished than the Kobo one.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #229
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Oasis2, LibraH20, Voyage, ClaraHD, PW4,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
I feel you for the Oasis 2. I got 3 of them via Amazon and decided to send them back to Amazon and skip this generation.
For some reason, the Oasis 3 has a way better screen, probably due to the better front light system.
I'm curious to check the Parperwhite on Wednesday, but I might end up returning it if it's not great and make the Sage my main reader. For the software, what Amazon offers suits me and I find it way more polished than the Kobo one.
I heard that the Oasis 3 was better too, but after spending £260 on the Oasis 2 I just won’t spend that again on a Kindle. Ironically I’ve spent far more than that on multiple Kobo’s this year, and my Forma came from Amazon, they were the seller.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote