Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-10-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
For a certain ePub file, I can't change the font

Even if I change the font in settings I'm still seeing it in the same font.
Maybe the font is a part of its html?
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Do other variables work, for example can you increase/decrease font size, line-height, stuff like that?
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:08 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
Even if I change the font in settings I'm still seeing it in the same font.
Maybe the font is a part of its html?

Quite possibly. I've seen too many epubs that specify fonts that don't exist on many devices (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. specific fonts). Personally I remove 99% of the font-family declarations and embedded fonts in the CSS and/or inline styles.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I believe they're trying to change the appearance of Sigil's Preview using the Sigil Preferences. That will only work if the epub in question doesn't embed, or define the fonts to be used via styles.

Sigil's Preview font preference are only ever used when the epub doesn't define any font preferences of its own.

And even if you could change the fonts displayed by Sigil's Preview (for that epub), don't make the mistake of thinking that will change how the text will look in other readers.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-10-2021 at 04:15 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote