Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-06-2021, 11:27 PM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Echo Show 5 (1st Gen, 2019 release) Amazon US $29.99

Charcoal or Sandstone available

Regular Deal price: $44.99 & FREE Returns or 5 monthly payments of $9.00

Use code SHOW30 at checkout to redeem your offer for $29.99 before tax for one Echo Show 5 (1st Gen). Discount will be reflected at checkout.

Link

I just picked this up, 5 monthly payments of $6.
Yes I know -- it's really old now (ha! 2 years since release). This is a smart clock that can read me my Audible books. That price? Yes please.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:46 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
I just picked this up, 5 monthly payments of $6.
Yes I know -- it's really old now (ha! 2 years since release). This is a smart clock that can read me my Audible books. That price? Yes please.
I have this model and use it daily. I picked it up during Prime Day 2019, just after it was released. This is the lowest price it's ever been and considering there's very little difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2, you made the best decision.

I use mine mostly for Spotify, but also for local radio, old time radio, podcasts, weather, alarms, timers and the occasional Bugs Bunny cartoon. For audiobooks, I prefer using an old Android phone set up as a media player.

It's a great device and my favorite Amazon media player. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:29 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Code not working for me
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Code not working for me
Sorry about that -- I wondered when I first saw it if it is one of Amazon's mysterious "targeted" offers, the selection of targets being a state secret. It appeared in one of the banners on my Amazon home page. And the blurb with the code is in the item description right under the "regular" price (for me, anyway). Never mind, once it's offered at this price, chances are it will reappear as a Woot! deal sometime soon as Amazon offloads inventory.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Code didn't work for me either. Oh well.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:59 PM   #6
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Just as well, it isn’t even worth $30 IMO. Mine has been a royal PITA from day one. It has never completely shut down the suggestions, and it still toggles the backlight on/off every few minutes as it tries to force more suggestions on me. Good thing Bezos’s rocket didn’t use the Show 5 OS or he would be lost in space…

About the only thing it does well is show lyrics when listening to music. But as an alarm clock or bedside clock the constant on/off of the screen will probably disturb your sleep.

Last edited by OtinG; 09-08-2021 at 10:03 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote