Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #976
shawky.nasr
shawky.nasr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
You need to replace the font using the 'Dictionary text font-family / font-size / line-height' patch. The font you are using does not have the necessary glyphs to reflect all the characters.
Ok, So need re-edit txt file before export to dicthtml
shawky.nasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #977
Ceiyne
Enthusiast
Ceiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessen View Post
I've created a Japanese-English dictionary for Kobo
I loaded your dictionary onto my Kobo this morning and so far it looks great. All of the words I tested were found, including ones that weren't in my old J-E dictionary.

The conjugated verbs I looked up also generally found the proper entry for the dictionary form. This is a huge improvement from what I was using before! I found one example that didn't show the dictionary form: 下って. I'm guessing that this is unavoidable because there's actually a dictionary entry for 下って.

Thanks again!
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #978
emirim
emirim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Is there a English - Swedish dictionary for Kobo? The link in this thread's first post leads to an English German dictionary (En-De).
emirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #979
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirim View Post
The link in this
The link is the English-Swedish dictionary, by the way, quite voluminous, more than 53,000 words. You did not check, but immediately unsubscribed ... Download, rename to en-sv and check ...

It is called so apparently because in 2014 Kobo did not yet support the Swedish language.

I took a quick look at what was available...

dicthtml-en-sv.zip
wordcount=111446

Now you have THREE different English-Swedish dictionaries available, check, choose and write to us which one suits you...

Last edited by Semwize; 06-08-2021 at 10:22 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:48 AM   #980
emirim
emirim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
The link is the English-Swedish dictionary, by the way, quite voluminous, more than 53,000 words. You did not check, but immediately unsubscribed ... Download, rename to en-sv and check ...

It is called so apparently because in 2014 Kobo did not yet support the Swedish language.

I took a quick look at what was available...

Attachment 187570
wordcount=111446

Now you have THREE different English-Swedish dictionaries available, check, choose and write to us which one suits you...

Thank you Semwize. Dicthtml-en-sv.zip works perfectly!
emirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:21 AM   #981
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirim View Post
Is there a English - Swedish dictionary for Kobo? The link in this thread's first post leads to an English German dictionary (En-De).

Moreover I did an improved version of the Babylon en-sv

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=578
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:05 AM   #982
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Russian Wiktionary

Download (31.7 Mb)

wordcount=410439
Old 06-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #983
boom.rabies
boom.rabies began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
English-Romanian dictionary

Hello community,

After long unsuccessful struggles with Penelope and PyGlossary (can't seem to figure out how to open them), I've decided to ask for help in making an English-Romanian dictionary for Kobo (Clara) eReader.

The one that was previously available here doesn't seem to work anymore.

If anybody has the time to make it, I'd kindly appreciate it.

Cheers.
boom.rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #984
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
This is the biggest available
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=902

Regards
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:04 PM   #985
HaterAce
HaterAce began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2ed
Eng - Rus dictionary from here

Also its work witout any replaece default dict, just put it in custom dict folder.
HaterAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:40 PM   #986
HaterAce
HaterAce began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaterAce View Post
Eng - Rus dictionary from here
Also its work witout any replaece default dict, just put it in custom dict folder.
Here is it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uTe...ew?usp=sharing
HaterAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:26 PM   #987
cessen
cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
I loaded your dictionary onto my Kobo this morning and so far it looks great. All of the words I tested were found, including ones that weren't in my old J-E dictionary.
Sorry for my late reply! Anyway, I'm glad it's working well for you. And to answer your earlier question: yes, it contains the entire English JMDict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
The conjugated verbs I looked up also generally found the proper entry for the dictionary form. This is a huge improvement from what I was using before!
Ah, I'm glad! Yeah, Kobo doesn't have any way to automatically do that, so it's up to the dictionary to provide duplicate entries that match on the conjugated forms. So that's what I did: all verbs and い-adjectives have full duplicate entries for all their base conjugated forms.

And it *mostly* works, but indeed it seems that it doesn't always work for some reason. I'm not entirely sure why. You're example of 下って is pretty typical, where there's already a separate entry that matches it exactly. But what's weird is that (as described above) there's *also* an exact "下って" matching entry that's just a duplicate of 下る, so in theory 下る should show up as well. But it doesn't.

It still works well enough that I haven't bothered to investigate what's going on. But at some point I'd like to figure out if there's anything I can do on the dictionary side of things to fix that, or if it's just something unavoidable about how Kobo does things.
cessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #988
Ceiyne
Enthusiast
Ceiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessen View Post
Anyway, I'm glad it's working well for you. And to answer your earlier question: yes, it contains the entire English JMDict.
I've continued to use it and it's still working great! I was wondering if you planned to periodically re-run your conversion to stay up to date with changes in JMDict. I saw your page but I'm not familiar with all the tools you use so I don't think it's something I could easily do myself.
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:13 AM   #989
svkelley
svkelley began at the beginning.

Hi,

I'm looking for Welsh (Cymraeg) and/or Irish (Gaeilge) Dictionaries for my Kobo.

Thanks,
Sean
svkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:50 AM   #990
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkelley View Post
Welsh (Cymraeg) and/or Irish (Gaeilge)
Pocket Dictionary, Welsh-English by W. Richards (ed.1861) (Cym-Eng)
dicthtml-сy-en.zip

An irish-english dictionary, being a thesaurus of the words, phrases and idioms of the modern irish language, with explanations in english. Compiled and edited by rev. Patrick S. Dinneen, M.A. (ed.1904) (Gle-Eng)
dicthtml-ga-en.zip

Tags
kobo dictionaries