Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
esoteric scribe
esoteric scribe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Creating a collection

Hi all,

I got myself a Sony Reader for my birthday last week and have been loading up on as much free content as I can find. But I can't figure out how to put anything into the "collections" section of the reader. Can anyone help me out with this?

Also, is there any way to get the reader to list authors alphabetically by last name instead of first?
esoteric scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The author sorting is a problem with either the Sony software or the Sony books that lists authors as 'First Name Last Name' rather than 'Last Name, First Name'.

To create a collection, if you are using the Sony library software, you will need to have your reader connected and displayed in the left hand window of the software. Click on Collections then click the + sign at the bottom of the screen. You should then be able to name your collection. Once that is created then just drag and drop books into that collection and they will show up on your Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
I use Calibre...putting in a 'tag' of my choice. The reader then makes collections from your tags.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
esoteric scribe
esoteric scribe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Ah, much obliged to both of you.
esoteric scribe is offline   Reply With Quote