Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
microsvc
microsvc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Sync to furthest read page?

On my Nook Simple Touch, I'm getting this message when I open a book I side loaded (have side loaded many and never received this message).

Sync to furthest read page? On another reader you are on page 104. Where would you like to start reading?

On my Nook, it always opens page 1, then I get the above message showing the last page I read (104 in this case). This book is not on another device.

Bob
microsvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by microsvc View Post
On my Nook Simple Touch, I'm getting this message when I open a book I side loaded (have side loaded many and never received this message).

Sync to furthest read page? On another reader you are on page 104. Where would you like to start reading?

On my Nook, it always opens page 1, then I get the above message showing the last page I read (104 in this case). This book is not on another device.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Both my Simple Touch and Glowlight (the white one) will do this on some side loaded books. It seems to happen if I switch to a different book and then back to the original, or after I have plugged the ereader into my PC. I have never been able to discover why it will do this to some books and not others. I suspect the device is looking for something in the ebook formatting that is missing or somehow different than it expects. The only way I've found to avoid losing my place is to use bookmarks consistently. (What a hassle!)

The NOOK software has some finicky aspects. For example, if a book's cover image is not named 'cover.jpg' (or jpeg or png or whatever) the NOOK will not create a thumbnail image of that cover, and will instead display the generic blank rectangle with title and author.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert