Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Google books preview covers

Google books has the best quality covers I was looking for a way to get these covers it is not possible as far as I can tell to just copy and save the image.
I am not a programmer but recently I came across this webpage maybe someone can implement in a gui plugin to download covers.

download book cover from Google Books based on ISBN
http://ursimon.musichall.cz/?p=766
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Google books has the best quality covers I was looking for a way to get these covers it is not possible as far as I can tell to just copy and save the image.
I am not a programmer but recently I came across this webpage maybe someone can implement in a gui plugin to download covers.

download book cover from Google Books based on ISBN
http://ursimon.musichall.cz/?p=766
I drag and drop Google (cover) images into Calibre all the time (I use the search the Internet PI).
You can drop an image onto the existing cover (placeholder) in either the Book Details or the Metadata editor.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
You can copy the the front page of this book
http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=...page&q&f=false
if you can I would like to know what browser you are using as it doesn't work for me. The only way I have been able to get such images is by using chrome cache viewer.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You can copy the the front page of this book
http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=...page&q&f=false
if you can I would like to know what browser you are using as it doesn't work for me. The only way I have been able to get such images is by using chrome cache viewer.
Firefox 10
But I search Google Images and find the (same) cover, and that is copyable
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote