Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
reader_bob
reader_bob began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
graynm fbreader turns chapters, not pages

Hi! I installed the modified fbreader on my pocketbook 902 a few hours ago.

Now, loading epub's works very well. This modified version makes books look a lot better than old one, except when I try advancing to the following page...

Every time I hit the next page I get sent directly to the next chapter!

And the page counter doesn't show pages but the number of chapters

I hope someone can help.
reader_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader_bob View Post
Hi! I installed the modified fbreader on my pocketbook 902 a few hours ago.

Now, loading epub's works very well. This modified version makes books look a lot better than old one, except when I try advancing to the following page...

Every time I hit the next page I get sent directly to the next chapter!

And the page counter doesn't show pages but the number of chapters

I hope someone can help.
I have the same problem, I suspect it is a bug with version 2.0.6. (in my case the page count is also lower than it should be).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
I have finded this topic:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ate.google.com

(from the middle, more or less, to the end of the page).

There are a lot of people with the same problem (and it happens "thanks" to the firmware). Me too.
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
reader_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I have the same problem, I suspect it is a bug with version 2.0.6. (in my case the page count is also lower than it should be).
I added my bug to that bug report thread, hopefully they can fix it.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
If they admit to it being a bug, they could just say the change is by design and needs to be fixed in the reader app.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
are you referring to standard fbreader shipped with PB or fbreader180? there's much confusion at this point.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
reader_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
are you referring to standard fbreader shipped with PB or fbreader180? there's much confusion at this point.
I was referring to fbreader180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
I flashed 2.0.5 few minutes ago and i found:
1. fbreader180 doesn't work properly (it jumps to next chapter, when i try to turn a page)
2. After flashing 2.0.5 — info about last position in all books is lost (Every book opens on the first page).
3. "Update mode" in fbreader is broken. You can set the mode to "good quality" but in fact it looks like in "high speed"
4. maybe some positive changes, but i'm going back to 2.0.4
That's it! the problem has been isolated to the firmware version 2.0.5!
According to the above quote, tomhck has found where the fbreader180 bug lies and it's in the 2.0.5 firmware so 2.0.4 should have a better working fbreader180.

Now I just have to find a 2.0.4 firmware so I can flash my PB902
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader_bob View Post
I was referring to fbreader180.
as far as I know, fbreader180 is a "user hack" - if so, unofrtunately there is really no pressure on PB to "fix" the bug, as it is not "their" software.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote