Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
New K3 firmware

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Of course it is a preview release like 3.0.3 has been for 3 months or so.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
I'm going to load this up when I get home. I like that the overview mentions real page numbers!
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
CrayWolf
Enthusiast
CrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with othersCrayWolf plays well with others

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
I wonder if and how this will affect the screensaver and font hacks. Anyone want to be a guinea pig and find out?
CrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Updating now, but no hacks running.

From the Amazon site:
Quote:
Received an error message when selecting "Update Your Kindle."

The Kindle doesn't support software modification, and will be unable to update the Kindle software if it has been modified. Contact the original developer of the software modification for instructions on how to remove the modification.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
riker147
riker147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Have the screen saver hack installed and updated my K3 without a problem. Can't comment on the font hack because I'm not using it.
riker147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
I've tried updating from 3.0.3; including screensaver, front, fbreader and mplayer hack/apps, but after updating it still says 3.0.3 in the menu.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
The new software breaks the jailbreak. I uninstalled all the hacks before updating. After updating, I tried to jailbreak, and it didn't work.
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
The new software breaks the jailbreak. I uninstalled all the hacks before updating. After updating, I tried to jailbreak, and it didn't work.
Okay, but it doesn't seem to have damaged the jailbreak installation by still trying to update it. My Kindle still works like before.

Can you downgrade it back to 3.0.3 ?. If not, I guess you'll have to wait for a new version of the jainbreak software.

But thanks for trying it out, though.

Last edited by Kenneth_irl; 02-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
billmilo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_irl View Post
Okay, but it doesn't seem to have damaged the jailbreak installation by still trying to update it. My Kindle still works like before.

Can you downgrade it back to 3.0.3 ?. If not, I guess you'll have to wait for a new version of the jainbreak software.

But thanks for trying it out, though.
I don't know of a way to downgrade to 3.0.3. It doesn't allow me to do that. I uninstalled the hacks, to be on the safe side. The 3.1 firmware seems pretty useless.

Last edited by billmilo; 02-07-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Kenneth_irl
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
I don't know of a waty to downgrade to 3.0.3. It doesn't allow me to do that. I uninstalled the hacks, to be on the safe side. The 3.1 firmware seems pretty useless.
Yeah, I agree. I sure wouldn't lose my hacks/apps instead of it.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Someone mentioned that the new firmware may show PAGE numbers rather than Location but still have the slider bar, thereby not providing additional text on a page.

The hacks could be in jeopardy if it really won't work with them because the head hacker has not been seen in that forum in quite a while unless the code is available for other programmers to take over.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Installing now...Ill report any issues.
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
billmilo
Connoisseur

It's a little irritating because Amazon, still doesn't give the users the ability to install their own screensavers. It's like micrsoft denying you the right to chance your computer's screensaver. It makes absolutely no sense.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
I'm going to load this up when I get home. I like that the overview mentions real page numbers!
But only for certain books it seems. I can't see anything there to make me want to update.
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote