Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #46
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I've no problem if people want to bash Wal-Mart as a corporate entity, but is it really necessary to make insulting statements about the people that shop there?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #47
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
By definition it must be way more difficult to make harsh comments about the people who doesn't shop at Wal-Mart since that is a much more disparate group.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
That was writing though, he never said they couldn't write
Yes,, I can read but not write.. dummy here.. just got on this forum and checking you and the place out.. obviously some smart folks here.. seems like a nice community.. who's the sheriff and mayor? Blue or Red State?
Doug

Last edited by MrDoug; 09-29-2012 at 10:14 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #49
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
[QUOTE=CWatkinsNash;2241498]I've no problem if people want to bash Wal-Mart as a corporate entity, but is it really necessary to make insulting statements about the people that shop there?[/QUOT
No, but sit outside Walmart for a couple hours and watch.. FOODSTAMP city.. just making a Factual comment.. not bashing anyone.. just a observation..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
[QUOTE=MrDoug;2241906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I've no problem if people want to bash Wal-Mart as a corporate entity, but is it really necessary to make insulting statements about the people that shop there?[/QUOT
No, but sit outside Walmart for a couple hours and watch.. FOODSTAMP city.. just making a Factual comment.. not bashing anyone.. just a observation..
How can you tell how someone paid for their purchase while sitting outside?

Why do you care?

Why are you sitting outside a Walmart for hours on end? Is it in the hopes of proving your hypothesis that manner of payment is discernible by appearance?

What shared characteristics stand out the most in the individuals you have deduced to have used food stamps?

Enlighten us all with this keen perception you've developed.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #51
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I've no problem if people want to bash Wal-Mart as a corporate entity, but is it really necessary to make insulting statements about the people that shop there?
Sorry about that. Our comments are only for those people who frequent a Walmart other than the one you go to.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #52
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Yes,, I can read but not write.. dummy here.. just got on this forum and checking you and the place out.. obviously some smart folks here.. seems like a nice community.. who's the sheriff and mayor? Blue or Red State?
Doug
There's plenty of not so smart people here too.... me for example, and there's of plenty of very smart people who are quite nice and even helpful (I just usually ignore the folk who are too clever for their own good).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I shop at Wal*Mart, that is why I still have money left for books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #54
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I shop at Wal*Mart, that is why I still have money left for books.
Yeah, same here.

Plus, you can walk in and get what you need without worrying about a dress code. If I'm calking, repairing nail pops, painting, found out the toilet is running or have to run in and grab cream for my poison ivy rash or something to get paint splatters out of my hair, I'm not going to get dressed up to go to Walmart.

Not like I would to go to a mall, or go out to eat.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #55
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Yeah, same here.

Plus, you can walk in and get what you need without worrying about a dress code.
One of the nice things about getting old is that you hardly ever worry about a dress code. When I was a kid, I was often mortified at what my father would wear to town, "They don't care how I'm dressed as long as my money is green." Now, when I crawl out of bed, brush my teeth, pull a cap over my head and head to town to spread some green. They really don't care.

Last edited by wizwor; 10-01-2012 at 04:22 AM.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #56
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
duplicate post (another sign of old age is impatience)
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #57
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Most people that go to WalMart don't even know how to read.. so Walmart says this is not for us.. LOL.. they did the market research.. plus Walmart does not except food stamps for electronic items.. so that leaves 80% of Walmart shoppers out of the market for Hi Tech items..
Doug
Your generosity of spirit isn't going to thaw out the 9th level, that's for sure.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote