Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2023, 11:57 AM   #31
jridley
Enthusiast
jridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with others

Device: Nook Touch
What worked for me

I'm running a relatively fresh install of Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon and have the same issue installing from the Calibre web page.

Having read through this entire thread and tried everything so far suggested, in the end this got me going:

sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0

I can't guarantee that some of the other suggestions such as installing Kalzium did not also contribute to it finally working on my machine, but the above was the final thing that I ran that made it start working.
jridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:55 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You are answering to an almost year old thread on an old version of calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2023, 01:08 PM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jridley View Post
I'm running a relatively fresh install of Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon and have the same issue installing from the Calibre web page.

Having read through this entire thread and tried everything so far suggested, in the end this got me going:

sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0

I can't guarantee that some of the other suggestions such as installing Kalzium did not also contribute to it finally working on my machine, but the above was the final thing that I ran that made it start working.
That applies to Calibre V7, not the old versions.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 06:14 PM   #34
swd
swd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks jridley. Running the command sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0 works for me. I'm using Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, with Calibre V7.
swd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:19 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd View Post
Thanks jridley. Running the command sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0 works for me. I'm using Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, with Calibre V7.
And posting in an old obsolete thread about calibre 5.0.1.
Advert
Old 11-19-2023, 10:05 AM   #36
StrayChild
StrayChild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Not obsolete yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And posting in an old obsolete thread about calibre 5.0.1.
The official calibre V7 download page links to this thread for people encountering the "Could not load the Qt platform plugin xcb" error message. Installing libxcb-cursor0 fixed it for me. It seems the thread is still proving useful in November 2023....
StrayChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One solution that works...

WINDOWS 10 (64-bit) or 11!
Old 11-19-2023, 02:08 PM   #38
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One solution that works...

WINDOWS 10 (64-bit) or 11!
Stop. If people are using Linux, they are often going to the effort of avoiding Windows. Your advice is pointless and wasting bytes.

The fix to this is known, install xcb-cursor.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote