Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old Today, 01:04 PM   #61
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Ok...clear enough. I have a couple hundred audio books....but haven’t felt the need for playlists. I see how organization options would help.
I've got a bit over 700 and have a to be listened to list. Back when I used purely iTunes and playlist, when I bought a book (usually I buy several books at a time), it was added to iTunes and added to the to be read playlist. Ever so often, I would shuffle the location of the books in the playlist, arranging the audiobooks so I don't get burned out on too much of the same sort of book.

It really made it easy to keep track of what i had listened to and what I hadn't. My current system doesn't work nearly as well.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #62
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've got a bit over 700 and have a to be listened to list. Back when I used purely iTunes and playlist, when I bought a book (usually I buy several books at a time), it was added to iTunes and added to the to be read playlist. Ever so often, I would shuffle the location of the books in the playlist, arranging the audiobooks so I don't get burned out on too much of the same sort of book.

It really made it easy to keep track of what i had listened to and what I hadn't. My current system doesn't work nearly as well.
I have a note in OneNote with my "to be read" list
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #63
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Voyage, iPad mini
Agree that Audible is not very helpful with even minimal organization. The ‘Finished’ toggle does not Sync with Read status Kindle app (e.g. if you have finished a book in ‘immersion’ mode). I wish they would just upgrade Kindle app to play audiobooks, and let you use the collections (as you can on Fire for example), goodreads sharing, etc. It does not integrate with KU and Prime Reading either: you should be able to borrow and return audiobooks in the Audible app directly. But now you can finally use credits in app if you subscribe.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 PM   #64
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
While we are complaining...it’s annoying that the collections in kindle app don’t sync with desktop app
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:46 PM   #65
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Voyage, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
While we are complaining...it’s annoying that the collections in kindle app don’t sync with desktop app
For macOS at least, they could do worse than to port the iOS app with Catalyst. The mobile apps are so much better.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote