Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:23 PM   #286
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In that case, yes it is starting. And it does sound like the screen is the problem. Connecting to the PC and working out where to tap is a way to do it. But, the device trying to do a setup. You need to tap the spot that says you don't have WiFi. From memory, this will be in the middle of the screen closer to the bottom. You could try and tap from the bottom up and see what you find. But, it might be prompting for the language first. Again, tapping from the bottom up would find the appropriate button, but you won't know when you hit it. It's been a while since I did a factory reset of a Glo, so I'm not exactly sure of the order of the screens or where things are.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 AM   #287
Vince75
Vince75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello, I also bricked my Glo (not the HD). Could anyone send me an .img file (my SD card seems to be empty)?

Thanks in advance!
Vincent
Old 07-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #288
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #289
adamvoll777
adamvoll777 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Bricked Glo

Hey David,

would I be able to get an image file for a Glo model N613
Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #290
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #291
Vince75
Vince75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks David! (missed the PM) Downloading... ;-)
Old 08-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #292
Erichsons13
Erichsons13 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2
Greetings friends I am just registered I have read several topics written by you ...

I have a big problem and I would like your help and support

My Kobo Aura 2 has been frozen while doing a Wi-Fi update.

it doesn't allow me to do anything now I can't do hard reset ... that's why I need an image of the Kobo aura 2 to be able to place it on the microsd and see if it can work

I thank you for your help and collaboration ...

regards
Old 08-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #293
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #294
the2048
Do not lose your SD card
the2048 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, LG Stylo 3 Plus
For anyone needing a Glo image, I'll dump mine and put it on my Google Drive. Expect an update within 24 hours or so.

Hope I can help anyone needing to unbrick their Glo.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #295
the2048
Do not lose your SD card
the2048 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, LG Stylo 3 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2048 View Post
For anyone needing a Glo image, I'll dump mine and put it on my Google Drive. Expect an update within 24 hours or so.

Hope I can help anyone needing to unbrick their Glo.
I can't dump the card efficiently (as in remove and image through dd) because whenever it encounters a bad file (or block) the card ejects and remounts. I'll try through telnet though, if I can tell it to just dump mmcblk0 to extSD.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #296
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2048 View Post
I can't dump the card efficiently (as in remove and image through dd) because whenever it encounters a bad file (or block) the card ejects and remounts. I'll try through telnet though, if I can tell it to just dump mmcblk0 to extSD.
If you can't get a clean dump of the card, it is pretty pointless, to offer the card to others. And doesn't it mean you should be replacing your SD card due to the errors? The Glo's are getting old, and the cards seem to be failing and causing problems when they do.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #297
fixingwifeskobo
fixingwifeskobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo ( I think ) N613
Hey @davidfor - you seem to be the go-to guy for .imgs ! I'm trying to fix my wife's Kobo and tried all the resets and stuff. Found that SD card and curious to see what happens if I format the card + put a new .img on it.

Would you be willing to share yours with me as well ? Thanks in advance. It's for the N613.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #298
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #299
fixingwifeskobo
fixingwifeskobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo ( I think ) N613
@davidfor - thanks for the image. Seems the old SD card is pretty messed up, I tried with another one, burnt your .img on it using usbit from https://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/ - and the Kobo seems to work again!

Super.Awesome. Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #300
Danny234
Danny234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
@Davidfor I'm trying to repair my bricked Kobo Glo (N613) and I would be very grateful if you can PM the .img.
Closed Thread