Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan is on a distinguished road

Device: Paperwhite 11th
Ereader that can use adobe drm epub

Hi, I have a bit of a strange one, I looking for some ereaders for use in a place with no internet.
They're for use in an "institution"
The books themselves are downloaded to a pc from the local public library server by the users onto a adobe digital editions program.

No problem, everything works fine and the books download fine, however if i try copying the book onto an android tablet or a kindle fire with the same adobe id and authorised the books are not seen.
It seems that for android devices an app called borrowbox is used but you need internet access to download the books.
I believe that some ereaers like kobo let you transfer from a PC.
Any ideas, my first choice would be to use an android tablet but if thats not possible which ereader would work.

P.S audiobooks are allowed too
Thanks
Liam Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
As discussed on the other thread, the solution is probably to use the Kobo and ADE on Windows for the download. An android solution needs live internet on it to get the books.

Kobos are sometimes cheaper in Argos in Ireland than online. I've also bought them from Amazon.de
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo adobe