Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast
JoeyBlaze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
when I open the browser,one particular webpage keeps showing up in a new tab.

hey all, I clicked a link on a webpage which opened up a new tab for some advertisement. No big deal, I just closed the tab....but now everytime I go back into the browser, the tab reappears, even when I clear my history and cache. it's really weird and very annoying. Anyone else experiance this?
JoeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBlaze View Post
hey all, I clicked a link on a webpage which opened up a new tab for some advertisement. No big deal, I just closed the tab....but now everytime I go back into the browser, the tab reappears, even when I clear my history and cache. it's really weird and very annoying. Anyone else experiance this?
Yep someone else had that happen. Go to Settings\Applications\All Apps and find Silk and clear its data to fix it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Cool thanks, I'll try it out when I get home later.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Hopefully amazon will fix this soon.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
I too have had the same problem and had to clear the cache. I primarily use Opera Mobile now unless I have some reason to use Silk. (like last night to stream the Flash full episode of NCIS that my DVR had a fail on)
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Do you have to sideload opera or is it in the amazon store?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you have to sideload opera or is it in the amazon store?
You can get it at 1Mobile
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to sideload! Do all the apps on that site work on the Fire if you sideload them? Are there any other sites similar to this one with other apps?

Last edited by JoeyBlaze; 12-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to sideload! Do all the apps on that site work on the Fire if you sideload them? Are there any other sites similar to this one with other apps?
Not all apps but alot of them do. Opera Mobile does. I use it. To sideload you need to install ES File Explorer from the App Store or something like it. Then just move the apk onto the fire and while in ES File Explorer. Tap it and it will install.

I use Dropbox or LAN feature in ES File Explorer to move things on to my Fire.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Joeyblaze
Check this out
http://theunofficialkindlefireblog.c...e-sideloading/

This site is great for all things fire with its tips and weekly podcast of all things Fire
http://theunofficialkindlefireblog.com/
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote