Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you still purchase physical books?
Yes, more than eBooks. 18 9.68%
Yes, the same amount as eBooks. 4 2.15%
Yes, but less than eBooks. 47 25.27%
Yes, but only when the book is unavailable in digital format. 30 16.13%
No, but I still read physical books I already have. 43 23.12%
No, and I don't own any physical books. 19 10.22%
Other/Option not mentioned here. 33 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2022, 03:46 AM   #91
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
The only books I have bought in the past few years have been mainly travel guides.

Also anything that relies on pictures (art books etc.) as I have yet to find an ereader that can display pictures properly, and at the size intended.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #92
roland1
Connoisseur
roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The only physical books that I have bought lately are author proofs of the ones that I write and publish myself. It's the same for music; despite being a creator of music, I have not bought anyone else's music in what...20 years?

I hope the public doesn't share my attitude. [But it seems they do. I think we're screwed.]
roland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2022, 12:45 AM   #93
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I mostly purchase ebooks & audiobooks or borrow the same from the library. I buy a physical copy (usually used) for my "keeper" shelf if it's something I really enjoyed.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:51 PM   #94
zakman
Enthusiast
zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zakman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019
I would like to purchase more pbooks, but unfortunately my format of choice (mass market paperback) seems to be rapidly disappearing. Trade paperbacks are nice, but much more expensive, and take up more room on my shelves.
zakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:10 PM   #95
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
EDIT: Oh, and sheet music books, but I don't really consider those "books" -- but I have a huge stack given that I play three instruments, so each requires its own stack of books.
I've had all my (personally generated) guitar transcription in electronic format since the days of Palm Pilot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dusty.png
Views:	87
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	195213  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #96
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've started to buy more used books lately from thrift books for some older titles if I can't find a reasonable price for them as e-books and they arent' available digitally with a service I use.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote