Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2022, 10:27 PM   #1
andy9279
andy9279 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Replacing battery in Glo HD or Aura H2O

So here's my situation. I have a Kobo Glo HD that I love, had since 2016 and gotten a lot of use out of (7 years!). I thought about replacing the battery a couple years ago and I eventually bought a replacement, but then I just never got around to installing it -- now that replacement battery has sat on a shelf for well over a year and I dunno if it's still any good at this point. I can get another for $20~ or so.

The Glo HD holds a charge for a good 4-5 days I'd say, and that's with 4-5 hours of reading a day. It does like to do a sudden drop of 10-15% charge once on the way down from 100%, but after that it will continue dropping at a fairly steady rate again.

I understand the Aura H2O uses the same battery, so I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been when they replaced the battery in either the Glo HD or Aura -- did it take? was it a marked improvement? did it never work again? etc.

I've found a tutorial and think I can do it, but I haven't found many people online who have actually done it, and what their experience was -- a couple of those I read were mostly about the problems they had afterward.
andy9279 is offline   Reply With Quote