Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 11:06 AM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, Please give RemoveInLineStyles_v030.zip a try. It is attached to the first post in this thread.

It requires at least Sigil-1.0 to work but should properly handle any epub layout.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:45 PM   #17
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The new version doesn't seem to work:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Programs\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 142, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\RemoveInLineStyles\plugin.py", line 164, in run
    bk.addbookpath(css_new_filename, css_new_bookpath, cssdata, mime='text/css')
  File "C:\Programs\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\bookcontainer.py", line 457, in addbookpath
    return self._w.addbookpath(uniqueid, bookpath, data, mime)
  File "C:\Programs\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\wrapper.py", line 721, in addbookpath
    with open(filepath, 'wb') as fp:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\sgc_styles.css'
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should fail given the path is outside the epub: 'C:\\sgc_styles.css'

Are you trying to create the css file outside the epub? Or is this some strange Windows path issue. It worked just fine on macOS when I tried it.

Hmmm...

Something is very strange.

Last edited by KevinH; 05-28-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Please try adding an existing css file to your epub just temporarily.

What is its resulting book path (mouse over the added css file in BookBrowser to see its full book path).

Try then running the plugin. The plugin should put the file right beside the existing css file you added temporarily? Did it or does the plugin still generate an error?

If so move the temporarily added css file into a "Styles" folder and try the plugin once again.

What errors does it generate?

If you have an epub that you can generate the error with, would you please post it someplace private (unless it is public domain) and pm me (KevinH) here onMobileread with a private link so that I can try to reproduce what settings are causing the plugin to write something to your root directory instead of to your epub plugin output folder.

Last edited by KevinH; 05-28-2021 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer

By any chance is your epub an epub2 with no OEBPS folder and no existing stylesheets?
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 10:15 PM   #21
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is added to the root folder. It is a flat EPUB3 file with existing stylesheets.

The generated stylesheet was successfully added after the existing stylesheets were moved into Styles subfolder.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:23 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer

If it has existing stylesheets, are they all stored in the root of the epub? Or are some css stored in a different place?

The addbookpath routine literally prepends the path to the plugin working directory to the file path built from its book path. This simply can not be at the root level of the C drive. As the plugin's work directory is created in temp with a unique path.

I will create an epub3 that is flat with no organizing or grouping folders but with a existing css file at the root level of the epub to see if I can recreate what you are seeing.

Is there anything else unique about your test epub?
Old 05-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, I think I can see how no folder at all could cause an issue for my plugin code but not the exact one you are seeing. But perhaps it is related. So give me a day or two and I will post a revised v031 version for you to try. Hopefully it will prevent the issue you are seeing as well.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:29 PM   #24
Sarmat89
Evangelist

That can happen if you append an absolute path starting with \ or /.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer

But I prepend a outdir to it. Would you feel comfortable hand editing the plugin.py in a text editor and trying to see if this fixes the issue. If so, here is what I would like you to try if possible:

Near line 70 in plugin.py you will see the following:

Code:
    css_new_filename = unique_filename('sgc_styles.css', namelist)
    style_folders = bk.group_to_folders("Styles","")
    css_new_bookpath = style_folders[0] + "/" + css_new_filename
Code:
    css_new_filename = unique_filename('sgc_styles.css', namelist)
    style_folders = bk.group_to_folders("Styles",[""])
    css_new_bookpath = css_new_filename
    if style_folders[0] != "":
        css_new_bookpath = style_folders[0] + "/" + css_new_filename
Notice the added "[" "]" brackets in the line that gets the folder list (it should always return a list).

And notice the test for non-empty default style_folder to prevent starting with "/" in the book path.

The spacing for the indent is 4 spaces in case it gets messed up by the post.

If you could try that and let me know if it works. If it does I will make an official new release with that change in place.

If you do not feel comfortable editing python code, just let me know and I will try to build something for you to test. I have just been so tied up with the new Sigil release. I apologize for the delay.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:30 PM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I made the change just in case. Please give this one a try before I make an official new release.

I have my fingers crossed!

[Attachment removed - see the first post in this thread for the plugin zip archive]

Last edited by KevinH; 05-31-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:48 AM   #27
Sarmat89
Evangelist

It seems to work correctly.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:30 AM   #28
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmat89 View Post
It seems to work correctly.
Thanks for testing it.

I will make v031 the official release once I get back to my desktop machine.

KevinH

ps. It is now uploaded to the first post in this thread.

Last edited by KevinH; 05-31-2021 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:01 PM   #29
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
1. Please note, any styles inside the style tag in the head tag will be ignored.
Hello, unsure if preferred place to ask. Unable to find anything related.

Perhaps those styles are mentioned as either there is some other way to deal with them, or you might have been planning to treat such someday?

I have a Google Books EPUB, available from only there, that may have been made by them. In cases where Google is the sole source and it is not a publisher that decided such, maybe sometimes they are produced from scan, or I do not know.

This one exclusively uses either inline, or for most common elements places styles in head > style. 50+ xhtml and not all share all styles; each head > style contains only those used by that file. As such, moving each to an external style sheet would be a bit of effort. I may do such for now, yet if know of an easier way, or you mentioned that you might get around to such someday, I'd know the situation.

Possible many such Google sourced EPUBs are as such, so someday useful for others who deal with them, if there isn't yet a nice way.

Thanks.

Last edited by democrite; 01-05-2022 at 10:44 PM.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:33 PM   #30
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Your best bet is to write a script that uses a stream editor like sed to extract the style tag from head in each xhtml file and replace it with a link to a new stylesheet you will fill with the extracted styles, one for each xhtml file.

Alternatively, you can readily do this in a plugin since they support a number of parsers including quick parser, gumbo, and bs4.