Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-22-2024, 09:45 PM   #496
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Possible bug: When multiple valid ISBNs are found, the confirmation dialog always displays "Extract ISBN found 1 new isbn(s)."

I'm not sure if it was supposed to display the correct number, or if the string was a mistake.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:42 AM   #497
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Possible bug: When multiple valid ISBNs are found, the confirmation dialog always displays "Extract ISBN found 1 new isbn(s)."

I'm not sure if it was supposed to display the correct number, or if the string was a mistake.
It should be the count of new ISBNs found (excludes any it found where the value is exactly the same as what is already set on the book metadata).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 01:55 AM   #498
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's what I see when test:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-23 02_54_16-.png
Views:	30
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	207082   Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-23 02_54_48-Scan log.png
Views:	36
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	207083  
Old 03-23-2024, 02:00 AM   #499
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right - which comes down to one ISBN being chosen for that book. That dialog takes into account you could have scanned multiple books. Whether a book has 1 or 10 ISBNs inside it is irrelevant from the perspective of how many updates are going to be applied to calibre, which is what that count is supposed to represent.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:07 AM   #500
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Oh, that makes sense.
Advert
Old 03-24-2024, 09:34 PM   #501
NegevRain
NegevRain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Extract ISBN

Hi there,

I'm still having issues with the Extract ISBN plugin. Can somebody please help me?

When I use the plugin, this is the message I get...

Starting job: Extract ISBN for 1 books
================================================== =
Title: Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success
Format: EPUB
Path: C:\Users\ivang\Calibre\John Wooden\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success (147)\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Succe - John Wooden.epub
---------------------------------------------------
Exception when scanning for ISBN: not all arguments converted during string formatting
Failed to extract ISBN
Scan complete, with 1 failures

Any thoughts...?

Thanks in advance.
NegevRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:23 PM   #502
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I have requested that this message be moved to the Extract ISBN plugin thread
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:40 AM   #503
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegevRain View Post
Hi there,

I'm still having issues with the Extract ISBN plugin. Can somebody please help me?

When I use the plugin, this is the message I get...

Title: Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success
Path: C:\Users\ivang\Calibre\John Wooden\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success (147)\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Succe - John Wooden.epub
Exception when scanning for ISBN: not all arguments converted during string formatting
Failed to extract ISBN

Any thoughts...?

Thanks in advance.
It doesn't like something about that epub, and by the looks of that error message perhaps there was an error inside the plugin while trying to report the actual error which tooks place, or else there was an error in underlying calibre code (less likely).

What version of calibre are you running? And can you upload your copy of that book somewhere and PM me the link to it so I can try the extract myself to see if I can replicate the issue?
Old 04-02-2024, 11:31 PM   #504
NegevRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
It doesn't like something about that epub, and by the looks of that error message perhaps there was an error inside the plugin while trying to report the actual error which tooks place, or else there was an error in underlying calibre code (less likely).

What version of calibre are you running? And can you upload your copy of that book somewhere and PM me the link to it so I can try the extract myself to see if I can replicate the issue?
Hi Kiwidude. Thanks for the reply. I'm using ver 7.7. I'll PM you a copy of an epub, if that's still okay. But I should say that the error happens with a wide sample of the books in my library.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:41 PM   #505
NegevRain

Quote:
Hi Kiwidude. Thanks for the reply. I'm using ver 7.7. I'll PM you a copy of an epub, if that's still okay. But I should say that the error happens with a wide sample of the books in my library.
Sorry. But I can't see how to attach an epub to a PM. I must be blind or doing something wrong.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:49 PM   #506
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

There's no attachments in PMs. Throw it onto Dropbox or OneDrive or some file-sharing website and send the link.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:51 PM   #507
NegevRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
There's no attachments in PMs. Throw it onto Dropbox or OneDrive or some file-sharing website and send the link.
Cheers. Thanks for that.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:52 PM   #508
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry. But I can't see how to attach an epub to a PM. I must be blind or doing something wrong.
You can't send attachements in an MR PM, do do so would make a mockery of the no copyright attachment rule for forum posts.

Upload it to an accessible file locker and send KW the link, for ad-hoc file exchanges such as this I like Mediafire… no account needed.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:04 AM   #509
kiwidude

@NegevRain - thanks for the link, I downloaded and it worked perfectly for me...
Code:
        ===================================================
        Title:  Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success
        Path:   D:\Dev\CalibreDev\TestLibrary\John Wooden\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Success (878)\Coach Wooden's Pyramid of Succe - John Wooden.epub
          Scanning first 10, then last 5, then remaining 29 files
              Invalid ISBN match:       2004
              Invalid ISBN match: 49516-6287
              Valid ISBN13: 9781441226181
          Scan time: 0.72 secs
          The isbn was found in 0.72 secs
          New ISBN extracted of: 9781441226181
        Scan complete, with 0 failures
This is with calibre 7.7 (yes I have finally upgraded personally from 6.x). You don't say which version of calibre you are using?
Old 04-04-2024, 11:49 AM   #510
Shet
Shet began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Hi, is there a way to try to tell me where is the problem with this book?

Code:
Title:  TEST 
Format: PDF 
Path:   D:\E_BOOKS\E_BOOK LIBRARY\Shet\TEST (29191)\TEST - Shet.pdf 
  Failed to extract ISBN 
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TEST.pdf (1.9 KB, 14 views)
Shet is offline   Reply With Quote