Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-22-2022, 03:17 AM   #46
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I`d just like to forward an experience that I just have made: While tapping on the footnote in the text on my Kobo (with Kepub format), there appears a pop-up with the adequate note and back. But trying the same on my Tolino, tapping on the footnote in the text opens the whole HTML-page with the Endnotes. I can jump back to the text, that's not the problem. It's only strange that the tap does not specify the exact footnote.
No problem, I only want you to know.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 05:05 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I`d just like to forward an experience that I just have made: While tapping on the footnote in the text on my Kobo (with Kepub format), there appears a pop-up with the adequate note and back. But trying the same on my Tolino, tapping on the footnote in the text opens the whole HTML-page with the Endnotes. I can jump back to the text, that's not the problem. It's only strange that the tap does not specify the exact footnote.
No problem, I only want you to know.
That is the behaviour of the renderer on the device. If you loaded the book on the Kobo as an epub, it would behave the same. That is because the Adobe RMSDK that Kobo and tolino use for epubs has no support for footnotes. It is just a link.

But, the renderer that Kobo uses for kepubs takes a guess. Based on the relative location of the source and the destination, the size of the destination and some other things, it can decide the link is a footnote and display the text that is at the destination in the popup. It is not perfect. If the book is an epub3 and the footnotes are done with the appropriate semantic, it is more accurate. I don't know if this plugin does that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 05:32 AM   #48
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@davidfor: thank you for clarifying this! I shall do some testing on it.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:51 AM   #49
Leonatus
Wizard

I realized that a simple epub2 to epub3 conversion in Calibre doesn't change the behaviour in this point. But I also read elsewhere that, if one wants to benefit of the epub3 features concerning footnotes, there were deeper going measures necessary. Bur I don't know how to do.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:33 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I realized that a simple epub2 to epub3 conversion in Calibre doesn't change the behaviour in this point. But I also read elsewhere that, if one wants to benefit of the epub3 features concerning footnotes, there were deeper going measures necessary. Bur I don't know how to do.
Some discussion of what is needed took place in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345268. It has some links that might help. And I'm sure it has been discussed in detail in the epub forum here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 07:11 AM   #51
Leonatus
Wizard

Ah, yes, of course!