Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #1
JacopoTore
JacopoTore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sync bookmarks

Hi everyone I hope to be in the right section,
I'm trying in every way to synchronize the bookmarks between device (in my case kindle) and computer ... the idea is to be able to read a book from device and computer alternately, but I need the synchronization of bookmarks by connecting via cable the device, I think I understood that it is impossible and I was wondering if maybe it would be possible to create a special plugin. Any help / suggestions?
JacopoTore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Is it possible to create such a plugin?
- Yes.

Is anyone willing to put in the time and effort to write said plugin?
- Given one does not exist yet, I'm guessing no. I don't know if anyone's even bothered to reverse engineer the Kindle's sidecar annotation files (azw3r for KF8 and mbp1 for MOBI).

Just a thought, if you use the Kindle for PC app and stick to AZW3/KF8, you may be able to simply copy the azw3r files from the Kindle to the PC and vice versa.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
JacopoTore
JacopoTore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Is it possible to create such a plugin?
- Yes.

Is anyone willing to put in the time and effort to write said plugin?
- Given one does not exist yet, I'm guessing no. I don't know if anyone's even bothered to reverse engineer the Kindle's sidecar annotation files (azw3r for KF8 and mbp1 for MOBI).

Just a thought, if you use the Kindle for PC app and stick to AZW3/KF8, you may be able to simply copy the azw3r files from the Kindle to the PC and vice versa.
I don't know what to answer
JacopoTore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark, bookmarks, sync