Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Lonas
Lonas began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Regex capturing variables

Hi all,

I don't know if I am just doing it wrong but it seems that Sigil currently does not support the selection/capturing of string tokens with a regex to use it later in the Replace/Find dialogue. Is that correct?

I tried the Perl syntax with $1, $2, ... and I also tried cap(1), cap(2), ... and capturedTexts()[1], capturedTexts()[2], ... as specified in the QRegExp documentation (QRegExp is obviously the regex implementation used by Sigil, look here for its documentation on capturing variables: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/3.3/qregexp.html#1-5).

This would be a very important feature for me as I commonly run across badly converted PDF outputs which need to be fixed.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Lonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Try \1 \2
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Lonas

Excellent, that worked! Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

I suggest putting that in the documentation, maybe other users might find it helpful as well...
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem but \1 \2 does not work either...

I am trying to remove additional brakes:
find what: [a-z0-9]<br class="calibre 4" />
replace with: \1

all I get is the character which is found by the first search replaced with "\1", nothing else.

using sigil 0.2.3
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

You've got to put something in parentheses:

find: ([a-z0-9])<br class-"calibre 4" />
replace: \1

This will find a lower-case letter or number followed by the <br ...> and replace it with whatever the lower-case letter or number is. The <br ...> will disappear.

BTW, I'd add a space to the replace -- \1\s -- as changing multiple spaces is easy, but spell checking mis-joined words is not.
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
calvin
DRM remover

THANKS! that worked

I googled several pages but nowhere found the tip with the parantheses...

one other question, if I search for "a-z" it will find capital letters too. That seems to me not correct or?

thanks
calvin

Last edited by calvin; 07-22-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
capidamonte

Sets of parentheses, from left to right, correspond to the numbers you use in the replace: first set -- \1, second set -- \2, etc.

Quote:
one other question, if I search for "a-z" it will find capital letters too.
Not correct, as you suspect. Click the "More" button in the replace dialog. Make sure the "Match Case" radio button is checked.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
calvin
DRM remover

thanks for your help!

calvin
Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonas View Post
I suggest putting that in the documentation, maybe other users might find it helpful as well...
It's already in the documentation, and has been for a while.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Lonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
It's already in the documentation, and has been for a while.
Oh okay sorry, I did not see that - or more accurately did not understand that back-reference means exactly this thing