Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #46
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks for the info.

I don't use FB so is that the extent of the info? And I note the hashtag so they've tweeted it as well.

The 10th is tomorrow and is it also Valentines Day? So something to do with Valentine's Day?
Ummm...Valentine's Day is the 14th...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #47
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Ohh right .... You can tell that it's of enormous interest to me!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 06:45 AM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks for the info.

I don't use FB so is that the extent of the info? And I note the hashtag so they've tweeted it as well.

The 10th is tomorrow and is it also Valentines Day? So something to do with Valentine's Day?
Valentine's Day is the 14th.

Yes that is the extent of the info, unless you count the whining comments under the post.

May I say I can hardly wait????

Last edited by booklover6; 02-09-2015 at 07:43 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 AM   #49
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Valentine's day? A heart-shaped reader? *runs away*
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:33 AM   #50
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No, a reader so perfect we can hold it close to our hearts

How soon does Chapters get new devices up for order/pre-order? anyone know?

Last edited by booklover6; 02-09-2015 at 08:41 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #51
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No, a reader so perfect we can hold it close to our hearts

How soon does Chapters get new devices up for order/pre-order? anyone know?
Netherlands almost always follow up the latest.. we will see tomorrow, if I can get the resolution of my Aura HD in a 6 inch one I would be very glad to buy one, maybe just before may..that time our extra salary for the summer holiday arrives, mothersday.. There is a bit of a gap here because they are dumping the touch here and Kobo's partner BOL stopped (for now) the Glo so it is only the Aura and the H2O.. and Amazon finally started their readers here last okt/nov 2014 so there is some competition..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #52
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
The Italian translation is incomplete. No word "indice", the right word, but "table of contents"

Last edited by Gibook; 02-09-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #53
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So am I the only one who thinks this could be a 6.8" unit?
http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...ched-tomorrow/

My apologies if I missed someone's comment.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #54
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So am I the only one who thinks this could be a 6.8" unit?
http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...ched-tomorrow/

My apologies if I missed someone's comment.

According to the update on the bottom of that page;
Quote:
Update: About 10 minutes after I posted, I heard back from Kobo:

No need for an embargo as the news will be out by 6am, and it’s industry-wide book related news.

Last edited by freekobo; 02-09-2015 at 04:12 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #55
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
According to the update on the bottom of that page;

Yep. that update arrived after my comment here.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #56
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
For info, a new version of obok has been released, v3.1.1, and I've started a thread in the General section which gives the link details:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255759

Note: no questions here please.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 02-09-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: add the version
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #57
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Here's tomorrow's Kobo news:
http://cafe.kobo.com/unassigned/oprah-is-back

Note that the O in the FB banner references Oprah.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #58
fdant
fdant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
After updated my kobo glo it doesn't connect to wifi, before that it was working perfectly.

I've tried two routers, change password, remove/change wifi security, and a factory reset without any success.
fdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #59
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
Another guess, a wild one!
Could the 800x600 be the first commercial color ereader from Kobo?
An 8"model?
See this supplier of eInk sheets
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:50 AM   #60
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
Another guess, a wild one!
Could the 800x600 be the first commercial color ereader from Kobo?
An 8"model?
See this supplier of eInk sheets
800x600 resolution on an 8 inch model ?? even with color that will never be a good one, even the Glo on 6 inch has a bigger resolution.. so i would never buy such a thing, it could maybe display the cover in color,but the txt stays black and white and on an 8 inch,800x600 looks terrible !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote