Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nathan, I don't exactly envision you as someone that always just goes along with the crowd to blend in, so I always expect a unique perspective from you! ;-)

I do miss the backlight. A lot. I also miss not having my ebooks with me all the time -- a dream scenario would be if the same books were on both my Treo and Sony Reader and there was an easy way to keep them in synch.

But I guess it's just that the Reader experience is so good for me, and so helpful for my eyes, that I'm willing to give up those characteristics in order to get the nice e-ink display. Eventually I may end up supplementing my Reader time with a little bit of Treo reading time in another book also. Maybe, for example, if there's something I want to read that's available at eReader, and not at Sony Connect.

Sorry, seems I've lost track of the topic and gone OT... back to manga!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Nathan, I don't exactly envision you as someone that always just goes along with the crowd to blend in, so I always expect a unique perspective from you! ;-)
Yeah, well, you know.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #18
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I'm used to reading on my Palm, but I don't miss the BL -- I could be the exception that proves your rule, though.
Is reading in the dark a concern to you? If I could light up the room without my wife beating me to death I'd be less worried about the backlight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Sorry, seems I've lost track of the topic and gone OT... back to manga!
Sorry - me too. Err - Magna is cool? heh - tryng to get back on topic

Last edited by Greg G; 10-06-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #19
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
Yeah, back to manga ! It would be nice when we (the not yet blesed by a reader) can see some pictures of manga on the reader (side/side, landscape, purchased vs jpeg/pdf etc.), hi-res if possible
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #20
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Coming soon . . . What's the best way to do this. I have HI Res photos that I uploaded to my server. What is the best way for me to make them available? My free flickr account is nearly full

Last edited by da_jane; 10-06-2006 at 10:11 PM.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #21
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Here's a video of the time it takes for the manga to resolve from picture to picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4McDSv9nA

Toward the end, there are three comparison pictures between the scanlation png and the sony reader resolution. I have some high res photos.

The index for those pics are here:

http://dearauthor.com/snypics/
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #22
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
wow, nice pictures and video thx
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote