Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
Calibre and SD cards.newbie here.sorry

Okay..extreme newbie here..as a matter of fact just got reader today and have actually been playing with calibre for a week before the reader came! When I usb my reader calibre recognizes the reader and it is put up next to my library for viewing just like it should be. When I have an sd card (kingston 1gb) in the reader it does not recognize the card. My computer does because the normal "plug and play" prompts come up. The "send to storage card A or B" is not available. What has a newbie done wrong?! Oh and if you need to know I am running newest beta version of calibre on Vista. I have tried putting the card into the reader before it is hooked up to computer as well as after. Someone help a noob....be easy! (I am nearly computer illiterate as well).
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run

calibre-debug -d

with the reader connected and post the output
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
Ran it and now calibre is finding the sd cards. Thank you very much! By the way excellent program!
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote