Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #61
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh my!! Holding my breath, awaiting the next installment feveredly. I do hope they reach Vera in time. I also hope Vera doesn't find out about Harv and Sheila .....

badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #62
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Uh-oh...does Harv have a secret family?!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
"They're heathens."

one of my new favorite lines (although it's not easy to narrow it down).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #64
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Check!
Don't you really mean .... cheque ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #65
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Had no idea that I was Tuckerizing Vivaldi. Or what Tuckerizing was.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Had no idea that I was Tuckerizing Vivaldi. Or what Tuckerizing was.
i know. i'm constantly learning stuff i didn't know here too.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #67
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Wow. I've been Tuckerized? I'm honored, pshwynk. I think I sense a tear forming.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #68
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
tuckerized !

you've been eaten ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #69
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
"Hello, Mr Wallbanger," said a familar voice. "And greetings to Vivaldi-san, as well. My children miss you."

"They're heathens."
Ah. The identity of the mysterious person who won Vivaldi in a card game is revealed at last!

Meanwhile, in the back room, kicking frantically, Vera managed to knock over a bucket of icewater... revealing a medium-sized squid, suffering from hypothermia. Vera and the squid eyed one another, each realizing, simultaneously, that they could be each other's salvation... or doom.

[cue dramatic music]
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Ah. The identity of the mysterious person who won Vivaldi in a card game is revealed at last!

Meanwhile, in the back room, kicking frantically, Vera managed to knock over a bucket of icewater... revealing a medium-sized squid, suffering from hypothermia. Vera and the squid eyed one another, each realizing, simultaneously, that they could be each other's salvation... or doom.

[cue dramatic music]
the suspense is killing me !!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #71
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A loud crash came from the back room. Miyatake looked over his shoulder. Harv tensed to make a lunge. Out of the corner of his eye he saw movement. Looking over, there was a man standing in the shadows.

"I must see to what is happening in the rear. My associate, Mr Fujimora will see to you." He vanished through a curtain.

"I have heard that you are a good fighter, Mr Wallbanger. Shall we see who is superior?"

"Okay. You win. Can I get my friend and go, now?"

"Ah, but that would not be a contest, then. Do you not wish to test your skills against mine?"

"If I said no, I don't suppose that you'd go along with that, would you?"

"Assuredly not. Come, we must do this, now."

The small man advanced on light feet toward Harv. He could tell that this guy had some skills. For one, he didn't lick his thumb and grimace. Harv lifted his fists and watched Fujimora's abdomen. The abdomen would telegraph what is going to happen.

So, why was it twisting in that particluar way? A foot hit him in the side of his head.

Huh? His vision narrowed and he felt dizzy.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #72
zelda_pinwheel

good lord. i hope vera's salvation doesn't depend on harv. thank heavens vivaldi is around, something tells me that the talking dog will save the day. as usual.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #73
pshrynk

Harv stepped back. "What was that?"

"The flying rhinocerous. Very potent!" Fujimora grinned evily. "I have made an impression, yes?"

"No. Well your foot did, but I'm not impressed." Harv stepped forward, more wary this time of the feet. Who fought with their feet? Except at the end?

Vivaldi started yapping wildly and running in circles. Fujimora moved in and started kicking and punching. Harv managed to block most, and roll with the others. Small man, little stopping power, short reach.

I've got him right where I want him, thought Harv. Another kick landed on the side of his head.

Set up the rhythm. Punch, punch, jab. Step. Punch, upper cut, dodge. take a kick, and a punch. Jab, jab, jab.

The two combatants circled around one another. Harv's blows landing like sledge hammers, the smaller man's feet taking their toll. Punch, punch, jab, upper cut, punch. Dog bites him in the ass, knee.

Fujimora rolled up in a circle of pain. "You... are... not... an honorable... fighter!" he wheezed out between gasps of pain.

"Naw, I just want to win," said Harv, as he kicked him in the head. Fujimora went out.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #74
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Punch, punch, jab, upper cut, punch. Dog bites him in the ass, knee.

Fujimora rolled up in a circle of pain. "You... are... not... an honorable... fighter!" he wheezed out between gasps of pain.

"Naw, I just want to win," said Harv, as he kicked him in the head. Fujimora went out.
Pwahahahahaha! Hilarious!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #75
zelda_pinwheel

it would seem i have underestimated harv. although i note that vivaldi did do his part.

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness, vera