Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
ConnieGraham
ConnieGraham began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
metadata edits not transferring to kindle

I love calibre. I have been using it for years. i edit the metadata to change the titles to add the number for place it falls in the series. it use to transfer books to my kindle and it would show the edited title so i could keep them in order. But since i got windows 8 and reloaded everything it no longer does that. What am i missing? I am not savy with this stuff so please spoon feed me.. i appreciate any and all assistance.

Thanks,
Connie
ConnieGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kindles need the Metadata Plugboard to help in this situation.
Not the standard Send to template.

If you had completely copied your Library and Settings folders to your new system, things like this should have been in place
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, metadata, transfer