Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
bobnbuild
bobnbuild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc & Touch
Arc onboard memory?

Hi I am new to the forum, and have just got hold of a Kobo Arc. Whilst everything looks good, I have connected the Kobo to my PC to upload my EPUB books from file, on connecting the Arc I have noticed that the onboard memory of the Arc is depicted/displayed as having 4.8GB free of 5.4GB. I am confused as I have got the 16GB Arc version and cannot therefore understand why the Arc is only showing a total of 5.4GB. Can anyone help me please?
bobnbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Something is screwed up, then. Should be showing 12.62GB for total space (the other 3.38GB being taken up by Android itself) in Settings -> Storage.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Almost sounds like you have an 8gb version. They were supposed to have been scrapped early days
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
I thought they never actually released an 8GB version - just that they scrapped the plans for it and just went with 16/32...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...r/Product.html
Looks like kobos owner didn'twant to waste them .Although showing no listing now they were for sale at one point.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert